Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Posted: 3/27/2012 1:52:55 PM
What's with this artificial induced shortage of AR parts ? Anyone have a clue of why all of a sudden that now there are no bolt carriers on the heels of no lowers ? I understand supply and demand but demand is currently not that great to be this short.
bass_ackwardz
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 1:59:04 PM
We have plenty of both...

Bill
Snap Shots Gun Shop
smullen
LARUEMINATI
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 2:59:10 PM

Originally Posted By eeke:
What's with this artificial induced shortage of AR parts ? Anyone have a clue of why all of a sudden that now there are no bolt carriers on the heels of no lowers ? I understand supply and demand but demand is currently not that great to be this short.

What are you basing this on?

LARUEMINATI

NRA Endowment Life Member
eeke
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 3:16:11 PM
Originally Posted By smullen:

Years of experience

Do you have a different opinion and YOUR basis ?

smullen
LARUEMINATI
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 3:44:06 PM

Years of experience

Do you have a different opinion and YOUR basis ?

Not sure.... I mean I agree there is a Shortage of parts... From what I hear, everyone is in paniac mode again and stockin up on everything they can in hopes to stash it away, or Sell it at a Profit later..

I was really just curious if you had some industry info or knew something the rest of us might not... You never know whos on the other end of the post your reading.

Also, I've not tried to buy much latley other than ammo...

There seems to be a shortage on that and I base that on all the places I normally buy from are out of stock and the few that normally do, the prices have jumped 20-30.00 a can of 420 rnds.
LARUEMINATI

PursuitSS
...believe in me, I'm with the High Command.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 5:24:55 PM
There is a shortage and what you can find is WAY up.
"When trading bullets it is better to give than to receive"

"Take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your clothes and buy one!" Jesus Christ - Luke 22.36

NRA Endowment Member
Noaccount
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 8:37:21 PM
There is allot more panic buying going on right now than really meets the eye, additionally there are allot more factors in play here than just the election too, the difference this time and the last time is that people aren't talking about it nearly as much this time.
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, only a highly functioning zombie. Take all opinions and advice as you see fit.
GUNGUY148
Man of few words.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 8:50:52 PM
The shortage sucks balls. I was told by several places to expect a 6-8 week wait time for a barrel I wanted. One place said the "panic" buying started right after Christmas and hadn't stopped since.

I don't see it getting any better for at least a year
I think about how it would be nice to go home and mow the lawn, take a nap, go on a bike ride, wack off in a phone booth with a rabid mountain lion and a fist full of thumbtacks.- Defcon
smullen
LARUEMINATI
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 8:54:43 PM

Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:
The shortage sucks balls. I was told by several places to expect a 6-8 week wait time for a barrel I wanted. One place said the "panic" buying started right after Christmas and hadn't stopped since.

Or worse... In more ways than one...
LARUEMINATI

GUNGUY148
Man of few words.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 9:00:30 PM

Or worse... In more ways than one...

True dat
I think about how it would be nice to go home and mow the lawn, take a nap, go on a bike ride, wack off in a phone booth with a rabid mountain lion and a fist full of thumbtacks.- Defcon
1911smith
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 9:34:35 PM
Reality TV, 2012 world enders and election trifecta.

I don't see anyone spooling up for demand either. The backside of this buy up will make the back side of 08 look like a good time.

Like most I know I'm still using components from two years ago. I have every gun a rational guy could ever want and some irrational purchases too. Can't think of any AR parts I don't have extras of.

The only real danger for now is ammunition falling out of closets. You open a door while standing behind it at my place.

There's enough powder down stairs to blow the place to splinters. Primers might be the only component I might buy more of. With 20k plus sealed in a large Pelican case I'm not feeling very motivated to run out and hit panic yet.

Nope, this time around its stupid. Last time around I didn't have an AR. This time I do.

yawn........
" God Bless Our Snipers ".
GUNGUY148
Man of few words.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 11:24:10 PM
[Last Edit: 3/27/2012 11:25:31 PM by GUNGUY148]
Originally Posted By 1911smith:

I don't see anyone spooling up for demand either. The backside of this buy up will make the back side of 08 look like a good time.

Like most I know I'm still using components from two years ago. I have every gun a rational guy could ever want and some irrational purchases too. Can't think of any AR parts I don't have extras of.

The only real danger for now is ammunition falling out of closets. You open a door while standing behind it at my place.

There's enough powder down stairs to blow the place to splinters. Primers might be the only component I might buy more of. With 20k plus sealed in a large Pelican case I'm not feeling very motivated to run out and hit panic yet.

Nope, this time around its stupid. Last time around I didn't have an AR. This time I do.

yawn........

Last time around I had 1 AR and several decent bolt guns...now I have several decent ARs and 1 bolt gun. I go through much more ammo now. The only thing I lack is a shit ton of is .22lr.....I probably only 20,000 rounds in inventory, or 20 times shooting for my son.
Assaulter
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 12:37:54 AM
I finished my panic buying in 2010.
smullen
LARUEMINATI
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 12:42:46 AM

Originally Posted By 1911smith:

yawn........

Last time around I had 1 AR and several decent bolt guns...now I have several decent ARs and 1 bolt gun. I go through much more ammo now. The only thing I lack is a shit ton of is .22lr.....I probably only 20,000 rounds in inventory, or 20 times shooting for my son.

Well, your in luck as .22lr does not seem hard to find yet... I still see it online and at most retailers... Mighta went up 5 bucks per 550 rnds, but still there...
LARUEMINATI

eric10mm
Zone 5 Resistance Leader
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 2:43:28 AM
[Last Edit: 3/28/2012 2:43:42 AM by eric10mm]
Good times. Now I go to raise the prices of my stuff.
“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson