Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 1/11/2012 12:05:13 PM
Didn't know if anyone had heard, but OMB announced today that they are closing thier doors.
"After 16+ years in business, we have been forced to close our doors. We are sorry to not be able to do business with our customers anymore. But, there is a ton of appreciation for the past business from our customers. We will have a web based blowout sale soon. We are working it now. Prices will be really good!"
Just fyi for those who had interactions with them.
thorshammerblow
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 12:44:58 PM
that sucks
nturavrgcop
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 2:14:28 PM
They tried twice to establish a brick and mortar presence in St. Louis; the last time when they went out of business (quietly) they left a few of my peers who are responsible for purchasing in a bind as they did not notify them. Left with sales contracts that meant nothing apparently, they were forced to scramble around and find brand/item specific suppliers on the quick.

We ordered 6 Sig 226's from them; took so long it would have been easier for me to drive up to one of the gun shops or execute the purchase via Bud's on line.

Too much drama in that family for my tastes as a buyer, both personally and for my agency.
PursuitSS
...believe in me, I'm with the High Command.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:00:15 PM
They need to place an announcement on their web page.

It appears from their web page they are still in business, but they are GONE!
"When trading bullets it is better to give than to receive"

"Take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your clothes and buy one!" Jesus Christ - Luke 22.36

NRA Endowment Member
1MAC
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:02:37 PM
That's great! I ordered a stripped lower the other day and had it shipped to OMB. Who knows if they'll be there to transfer it to me. I called and left them a message, but so far no response.
EaZeNuTZ33
Your Team Chiro
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 3:15:12 PM
wasnt overly impressed with them.....at least I might try to pick some stuff up cheap when they have an online sale.
www.myKCchiro.com for your pain needs in Kansas City.
melonjr
Starter of lame threads.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 4:38:45 PM
[Last Edit: 1/11/2012 4:40:29 PM by melonjr]

Originally Posted By 1MAC:
That's great! I ordered a stripped lower the other day and had it shipped to OMB. Who knows if they'll be there to transfer it to me. I called and left them a message, but so far no response.

OMB and Express are not the same place.

So who'll be the new S&W supplier for the Police or retired Police in my Dad's case?
What have you done America?
the_naked_prophet
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 4:59:14 PM
I stopped using them a year or two ago. They had items that were "in stock" but after they charged my card, the order status said they were backordered... for up to 8 months before I got my items.

I'm not surprised they're going out of business.

1MAC
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:03:17 PM
Originally Posted By melonjr:

So who'll be the new S&W supplier for the Police or retired Police in my Dad's case?

OMB Police supply and Express police supply are the same place. OMB Guns is the other brother's business that took over the Glock LE part and then lost it. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
leo84
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:23:19 PM
OMB can go f themselves. They stopped answering our calls months ago when we had an order for about a 100 guns. Been a total nightmare.
nturavrgcop
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:34:51 PM
This is what we ran into, but for a substantially less number of weapons. Although it seems whether its 100 guns or 25 guns, their CS was BS.

Originally Posted By leo84:
OMB can go f themselves. They stopped answering our calls months ago when we had an order for about a 100 guns. Been a total nightmare.

eric10mm
Zone 5 Resistance Leader
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 8:30:34 PM

Originally Posted By melonjr:

OMB Police supply and Express police supply are the same place. OMB Guns is the other brother's business that took over the Glock LE part and then lost it. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
So are they all closed now? Not that I ever dealt with them, but...

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson
drew5337
Drinking Protein shakes..
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 11:58:59 PM
Wish I had some money for the sale...
"She should make friends with girls with fake boobs. She needs to squeeze different ones to see what she wants. I like silicone, myself."
"When you rub one out while thinking of me, the psychic energy you release adds to my power."<
Trebor
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/17/2012 11:43:34 AM
If anything is on sale, you can't tell it by looking at the webpage.
bruh44
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/17/2012 4:10:03 PM
I was always a fan. I was dissapointed when they left STL. If they do have a big sale comming I may drop some cash with them.
I'm as smart as a horse, and hung like Einstein.
adamtheduke
Vox populi
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/17/2012 7:43:33 PM
I work just a block from there. I tried to go do some lunchtime browsing yesterday and saw the note on the door. It kindof sucks because of how convenient it was for me to swing in there. I had only gotten the chance to go in once since getting the new job close to there in Dec. I used to live near Bob's Gun Rack in LS, and it was nice being close to someplace that you could swing in and look around for a little while. Oh well.

Express didn't have quite the "cozy" feel of some smaller local shops. I got the feeling that they were more oriented to the LE sales than to jaw jackers, rubber neckers and tire kickers.
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
ARinKCMO
"The truth is...."
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/17/2012 8:30:14 PM
Couple of my friends are big fans, and I even bought a pair of boots from them.

Kind of weird they just up and closed, but I suppose that kind of happens now-a-days. I heard a rumor just the other day that they were going to open a range? maybe taht was the 'not related' OMB that's a bit further south....
Member: NRA, USPSA
BF3 on PC: Kamicosmos
1MAC
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/17/2012 10:54:09 PM
Originally Posted By ARinKCMO:
Couple of my friends are big fans, and I even bought a pair of boots from them.

Kind of weird they just up and closed, but I suppose that kind of happens now-a-days. I heard a rumor just the other day that they were going to open a range? maybe taht was the 'not related' OMB that's a bit further south....

Yes, OMB Guns is opening a range.
nturavrgcop
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/18/2012 2:20:13 AM
Nothing weird about it. While they should have welcomed the individual shopper, they targeted LE for their bread and butter as we were a regular pay check for them if we established sole purchase agreements. Hell, my agency would have been sending 50+ officers there for uniforms, duty belts, and the various associated gear. Our agency alone could conservatively guaranteed them $75,000 annually in sales but their CS SUCKED.

I will miss nothing about them. Empty promises and people left scrambling trying to find new sources without any warning from them except a posting on their website and FB accounts. At least we weren't some of the poor SOB's with weapons in transit for transfer.

Personally, they can kiss my arse...
Storm_Tracker
Nader Chaser
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 1:32:00 AM
[Last Edit: 1/19/2012 1:33:13 AM by Storm_Tracker]

Next time use Harrison St gun and pawn $20. Been using them for like 10 years.

Ps. Let me know if you need any help with assembly on lower or upper. : )
kc215
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2012 9:23:34 PM
Sucks for all those with transfers or purchases in limbo. I heard a rumor that FDIC went to bank and offered the bank more $ to cut their line of credit? Thoughts, "under the radar" gun control? I wondr how many more dealers this will happen to? Or, better yet, already happened to. If nobody is in business to sell guns, where you gonna buy them?

Tinfoil off now.....
AllAmerican2000
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/25/2012 3:50:40 PM
are we talking about Express Police Supply off of Strangline near 119th and I-35?

Their web site is up and running if so
Membership thanks to the generosity of MDW

Life is hard; It's harder when you're stupid - CH Maj Powell (dad)
It is not spouse abuse if you like it - same
PantherArms762
We're Clever but we're clueless...
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/26/2012 6:42:12 AM
Only been in there once. They pretty much ignored me the entire time I stood there. Two guys behind the counter shootin shit with a couple cops while I stood there for probably close to 10 minutes.

I said fuck it and left. No skin off my sack. I wasn't going back anyways.
PFC-Demon: Thomas Jefferson taught me that sometimes you gotta shoot a motherfucker in the face with a rifle.
DangerJ: Apparently you have to respect the diversity of this company and the fact that some dudes just like to jerk off into packed lunches.
KCabbage
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/23/2012 3:13:12 PM
My FFL told me the other day they shut down because they got caught selling LE discounted Glocks to civilians. Glock hit em' with a pricey lawsuit.
eric10mm
Zone 5 Resistance Leader
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/23/2012 3:48:21 PM
That is one of the rumors currently floating around.
“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson
leo84
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:11:09 PM
Originally Posted By KCabbage:
My FFL told me the other day they shut down because they got caught selling LE discounted Glocks to civilians. Glock hit em' with a pricey lawsuit.

This is correct. I believe it is to the tune of 5.5 million dollars. The lawsuit public information was published.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2