Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2011 8:12:02 PM EDT
I know it's a stadium so no gun, but can I bring my pocket knife in with me when I go to see the Cardinals?

I know there's metal detectors at some entrances but the two times I've gone, I didn't go through one or get searched.

Thanks, for anyone who happens to know.

Link Posted: 7/25/2011 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can.  I have never been through a metal detector there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Heck you can legally bring your gun.  The way our CCW law is set up, it is a law without teeth.  Only place you cannot carry is Federal Buildings/land. Take a look at provision 2. I'll see if I can dig it up with my iphone
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#3]
You're good to go on firearm carry there, pocket knife too - provided you have your CCW. Just another day.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 9:03:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't carry a bag or look suspicious and you'll be herded through like 90% of the attendees. If you carry a bag they'll usually check it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#5]
MoCCW

gotta love living in MO
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#6]
On the other hand at Arrowhead Stadium they do pat downs as you enter.  Never have found my ankle carry going trough - they dont do a great job.

Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#7]
(16) Any sports arena or stadium with a seating capacity of five thousand or more. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

Although there's no teeth to the law, I still don't want to either violate the law OR get caught, proned out by police, arrested, and have to go to court and get a lawyer to show that I wasn't committing a crime.  Or just get turned away from the game because I was violating stadium policy either.  So I'll be going without a gun, but it looks like I won't have a problem with my pocketknife.  Call me practical, respectful of the law, or a boot-licker, I don't want to ruin an evening with my wife and friends from church.

We will be taking a soft cooler with some soft drinks and sandwiches though, so we figured that would get searched.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6........ Just sayin

Quoted:
(16) Any sports arena or stadium with a seating capacity of five thousand or more. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

Although there's no teeth to the law, I still don't want to either violate the law OR get caught, proned out by police, arrested, and have to go to court and get a lawyer to show that I wasn't committing a crime.  Or just get turned away from the game because I was violating stadium policy either.  So I'll be going without a gun, but it looks like I won't have a problem with my pocketknife.  Call me practical, respectful of the law, or a boot-licker, I don't want to ruin an evening with my wife and friends from church.

We will be taking a soft cooler with some soft drinks and sandwiches though, so we figured that would get searched.

Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Knife is better than nothing.  Keep situational awareness up and staying out of confrontations goes a long way.

dan
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Knife is better than nothing.  Keep situational awareness up and staying out of confrontations goes a long way.

dan

Always my plan.

We are going with a group of 8, so that should help too.

Link Posted: 7/26/2011 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Walk in with a bottled water in one hand and your ticket in the other.  Walk right in.
Barely any difference than making it past the Wal Mart greeter.

Carry what you can afford.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Never have had an issue at the ball game. Carry as usual and have a good time at the game.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I took my son to see Styx and Yes the other night at Verizon Amphitheater.  Verizon is very anti-gun.  No weapons of any type no matter what, they pat you down before you can go in.  The sidearm stayed locked in the car.  I felt nekid walking in there.  Once we were in sitting down I was pleased to see that it was not a drunk rowdy crowd.  Many baby boomers.  All in all it was a great concert but it just didn't feel right without my CCW.  Both bands kicked ass by way, Steve Howe from YES is 63 and Tommy Shaw from Styx is 57, they both completely tore it up.  It wasn't like going to see a reunion tour where the band is rusty and hasn't played for years, these bands have toured relentlessly over the years and are on top of their games....
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I took my son to see Styx and Yes the other night at Verizon Amphitheater.  Verizon is very anti-gun.  No weapons of any type no matter what, they pat you down before you can go in.  The sidearm stayed locked in the car.  I felt nekid walking in there.  Once we were in sitting down I was pleased to see that it was not a drunk rowdy crowd.  Many baby boomers.  All in all it was a great concert but it just didn't feel right without my CCW.  Both bands kicked ass by way, Steve Howe from YES is 63 and Tommy Shaw from Styx is 57, they both completely tore it up.  It wasn't like going to see a reunion tour where the band is rusty and hasn't played for years, these bands have toured relentlessly over the years and are on top of their games....

Get creative, you can make it in there without feeling naked...
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I took my son to see Styx and Yes the other night at Verizon Amphitheater. Verizon is very anti-gun. No weapons of any type no matter what, they pat you down before you can go in. The sidearm stayed locked in the car. I felt nekid walking in there. Once we were in sitting down I was pleased to see that it was not a drunk rowdy crowd. Many baby boomers. All in all it was a great concert but it just didn't feel right without my CCW. Both bands kicked ass by way, Steve Howe from YES is 63 and Tommy Shaw from Styx is 57, they both completely tore it up. It wasn't like going to see a reunion tour where the band is rusty and hasn't played for years, these bands have toured relentlessly over the years and are on top of their games....

Get creative, you can make it in there without feeling naked...

Your right, I could ankle one in for sure, then move it to IWB.  They patted me down around the waist pretty good but that was it.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Any ideas about Springfield Cards? I gotta date there monday and wanna pocket carry. Need to know if I should be the donkey boy going in or if it can ride pocket
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Its weird for me, I work about 3-4 blocks from the stadium and feel fine for the most part being around downtown.  That being said I dont like the idea of not being able to carry, but I'm kinda confused.

The law is saying it can be in the car, but not once you leave your car, so is this a case of legal justification or concealed means concealed?  I dont go to the stadium a ton, just reallyyyy dont wanna deal with the dumb hassle.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Its weird for me, I work about 3-4 blocks from the stadium and feel fine for the most part being around downtown.  That being said I dont like the idea of not being able to carry, but I'm kinda confused.

The law is saying it can be in the car, but not once you leave your car, so is this a case of legal justification or concealed means concealed?  I dont go to the stadium a ton, just reallyyyy dont wanna deal with the dumb hassle.

Read section 2, it says violation of the law shall not be a criminal offense.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 7:26:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What says I can't secure a handgun in my vehicle?
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

i saw them at starlight in kc a few weeks ago.  Question for ya:  to me it seemed that Yes was lipsyncing and playing recorded music for a lot of the show.  you could see the 2 sets of mixers on the sides of the stage were it looks like they were doing the remix.  were they doing the same thing there?

on the other hand styxx did a great show and no canned music that i could tell
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what does that mean then for punishment?
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You leave when they ask you to.

Does Hammonds field do a full pat down?
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I took my son to see Styx and Yes the other night at Verizon Amphitheater. Verizon is very anti-gun. No weapons of any type no matter what, they pat you down before you can go in. The sidearm stayed locked in the car. I felt nekid walking in there. Once we were in sitting down I was pleased to see that it was not a drunk rowdy crowd. Many baby boomers. All in all it was a great concert but it just didn't feel right without my CCW. Both bands kicked ass by way, Steve Howe from YES is 63 and Tommy Shaw from Styx is 57, they both completely tore it up. It wasn't like going to see a reunion tour where the band is rusty and hasn't played for years, these bands have toured relentlessly over the years and are on top of their games....

i saw them at starlight in kc a few weeks ago. Question for ya: to me it seemed that Yes was lipsyncing and playing recorded music for a lot of the show. you could see the 2 sets of mixers on the sides of the stage were it looks like they were doing the remix. were they doing the same thing there?

on the other hand styxx did a great show and no canned music that i could tell

I'm 99.9% the lead vocals were all live, Benoit lost it a couple times on some high notes and the jumbos were zoomed in on him, same with Steve Howe, he made a couple of small botches, and when the jumbo screens weren't on the lead singer they were closeups of Howe.  With Howe, Squire, and White in their 60's, and Geoff Downes in his late 50's, it wouldn't suprise me if they had to get creative.  Lets face it when you hit your 60's sometimes your body just doesn't always do what you want it to do.  I didn't notice the mixers though.  I was in row JJ left center, they were pretty good seats for $24 bought the night before the concert.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Went to Busch tonight on a last minute ticket offering from a friend. Walked in and an old man scanned my ticket friend through her diaper bag up on the table and the lady just glanced in, smiled and said have a great time.

Naked prophet, you'll be fine especially with a Carl Tuckable holster or pocket holster.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 5:38:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you honestly think they won't just call the police, who will tackle you or at least prone you out at gunpoint and take you away in cuffs... and the whole "not a criminal offense" thing will get pointed out in court, or after your lawyer shows up to jail, or best case scenario after you convince someone to look it up and they let you out of jail a few hours later.  Now you have to get a lawyer to send them a letter to get them to give you back your gun.

The law may have no teeth, but that doesn't mean the cops won't make your life miserable over it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you honestly think they won't just call the police, who will tackle you or at least prone you out at gunpoint and take you away in cuffs... and the whole "not a criminal offense" thing will get pointed out in court, or after your lawyer shows up to jail, or best case scenario after you convince someone to look it up and they let you out of jail a few hours later.  Now you have to get a lawyer to send them a letter to get them to give you back your gun.

The law may have no teeth, but that doesn't mean the cops won't make your life miserable over it.

LEO??  What say you to the above?

(I doubt it would go down that way.)
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I will be going to the game tonight. I'll post how it goes tomorrow........
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Uh...unless I missing something...the rest of you certainly did.

Link Posted: 7/31/2011 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I thought he was talking carrying into and during the game not simply leaving it in the truck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#30]
But at the end, if you are a ccw holder, it's not criminal to carry it inside.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You are missing Section 2 of the statute you quoted here.

If you continue reading, Section 2 says (paraphrasing here) if you carry into these places with a CCW, it shall not be a criminal offense, unless you are somehow discovered  and refuse to leave. And if you refuse to leave they can hit you with a trespassing charge.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you continue reading, Section 2 says (paraphrasing here) if you carry into these places with a CCW, it shall not be a criminal offense, unless you are somehow discovered  and refuse to leave. And if you refuse to leave they can hit you with a trespassing charge.

Which makes it come around full circle and is treated no differently than any private business.  Cool
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Personally, I like how they worded the thing.  Gives the sheeple false warm and fuzzies and I feel good about the concealment decisions which make it impossible to detect.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Made it just fine at the game last night. No metal detectors, pat downs, proned out situations or scared sheeple.
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I made it in.... Hammons field
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Made it just fine at the game last night. No metal detectors, pat downs, proned out situations or scared sheeple.

Unless I'm missing something you have the credentials to carry anywhere except the most secure areas like the whitehouse or pentagon correct?
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which makes it come around full circle and is treated no differently than any private business.  Cool

Guess I missed something!  
edit: cuz I goofed
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I carry into the stadium when I go.  Big revolver OWB under an untucked button-down shirt.  The sheep are too wrapped up in their own lives to notice, and I feel better about taking my chances carrying it in than I do about leaving it in my vehicle parked outside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top