Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2017 9:44:10 PM EDT
I started a fishing channel on Youtube and thought you guys might want to check it out and possibly offer a little home state support. It's doing pretty well to be only a week old but if you get a chance to like and subscribe. Also looking for ideas about what to do on the channel. I live in central AL, and my primary means to fish is via kayak, as I don't own a boat.

The channel is called WeagleFishing (for now) and can be found at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClqTJORHcJS7wU5Cr9Hoz0Q
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Where do you fish at?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I've mostly been fishing around Coley Creek in Alex City, though I have been on Hatchet creek once with some friends.

Coley Creek is about the right sized water for fishing on a kayak by yourself, but I'm looking to get up the nerve to try bigger water like Lake Martin and Lay lake by myself, as well as waiting on my buddies to have some time off to fish Hatchet again. Hatchet is hard to do by yourself due to taking out a long way from the put in, plus there were plenty of rapids on the last stretch I did and always good to have safety of assistance from others
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a fisherman myself, but I shared your link with my son. He's currently stationed at Ft Drum New York and does kayak fishing every chance he gets.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
We're not terribly far apart from one another. I'll subscribe to the channel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks! I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations and I will check out your channel.  What types of fish are you targeting?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Mostly bass and crappie. For the most part smaller water on my kayak but some big water too. Here soon I plan to make a video in attempt to catch one of those giant flatheads that pulled my crappie off the stringer the other day. And thanks!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've mostly been fishing around Coley Creek in Alex City, though I have been on Hatchet creek once with some friends.

Coley Creek is about the right sized water for fishing on a kayak by yourself, but I'm looking to get up the nerve to try bigger water like Lake Martin and Lay lake by myself, as well as waiting on my buddies to have some time off to fish Hatchet again. Hatchet is hard to do by yourself due to taking out a long way from the put in, plus there were plenty of rapids on the last stretch I did and always good to have safety of assistance from others
View Quote
Where do you go on Hatchet? Our farm is between big an little hatchet in Clay County.

Ill give the videos a look!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Last time I went, I went from Kings Bridge to Double Bridges. Next time I go it will probably be from Double Bridges to Barret's fishing camp.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like I'm going to Lay Lake in the morning to fish a while with buddies, so I'll be sure to record while I'm there. If I make it. Fishing from a bass boat two days on Lake Martin during a holiday weekend has killed my lower back lol.

Also I uploaded a video earlier today (The topwater one, which is "meh") and I'm uploading another now that should be done within an hour (this one is pretty good).

Thanks again for all the support you guys have given me. The channel is only 10-12 days old and I'm up to 30+ subscribers. I'll be a Youtube celeb with sponsors in no time lol. (just kidding)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top