Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2017 2:03:49 PM EDT
Ok me and the wife will be in Birmingham Monday evening for a week to see our son and his wife and take care of some business. I was wondering what if anything there was to do or to see while we are there. I just read up on the CCW stuff so I am good on that being from Georgia. What fun stores are around there and which ones are good to go check out to kill some time as I know I will be wanting to get out of the house and do something. Anyone around there that can meet up with me I will buy us a beer.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If you like beer, Hop City or World of Beer for straight beer bars. Tons of choices each place. Breweries are around town, Good People, Avondale, Trim Tab.

Bars - J Clyde for a German-esque food, also a beer bar. Blue Monkey for a martini bar.

BBQ - Jim N Nick's is good for a smallish chain. Saw's BBQ is fantastic, 3 locations around town. Moe's BBQ in Lakeview is pretty good also.

Barber Motorsports Museum, it's awesome with the huge collection of bikes and other racing vehicles. 10-15 minutes from town.

CMP Range in Talladega. About a 20-30 minute drive, it's worth it.

Gun stores- Mark's in Vestavia on Highway 31 for guns/fishing/bow/hunting stuff. Some people like Hoover Tactical just down from Mark's (about 3 miles). It is also on Highway 31 but in Hoover.

Baseball - Regions Park for a Baron's home game. I really like the view of the city skyline from inside the park.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks I will check some of them out while we are there.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like we just had this thread.

Things to Do in Birmingham
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like we just had this thread.

Things to Do in Birmingham
View Quote
Yeah I looked but did not see anything. Thanks for the link and I will look at it tonight at work or tomorrow when I get off.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out TS Arms in Pelham, down hwy. 31 from Hoover.
There is also Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, and the CMP range in Talladega.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#6]
CMP is about half way between Atlanta and Birmingham.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Southern Museum of Flight by the airport.

Sloss Furnaces

The Vulcan

Hoover Tactical Firearms in Hoover.

The American Village down I-65 near Montevallo.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: My very favorite field trip I ever went along with my son for... I get to go again this coming year with my daughters.  Cool place, esp. if you're into the DOI / Revolutionary War.  
View Quote
My wife and I took our kids up to the American Village when they had their President's Day program several years ago.  We all enjoyed it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top