Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2017 5:39:30 PM EDT
Anyone know of any safe movers in Bham that can handle a 3,500 lb safe?  Home much should it cost me to move it from one home to another in the area?  No stairs,  flat work.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Will it fit though the doors/hallways of each house? Helped a friend move one a few years ago and it was a bear.... had to remove doors and trim.
We realised at the time why it "came" with the house when he bought it.....
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
MOTIVATED MOVERS  Does good work.  Affordable also. Here is the number. (205) 995-7585
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a heavy safe.
View Quote
Yep.  TL-30 Bama.  Guess how much I paid?
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
MOTIVATED MOVERS  Does good work.  Affordable also. Here is the number. (205) 995-7585
View Quote
Motivate moves all of Mark's Outdoors safe's and some others.  Unfortunately few will touch this thing because its over 2,500lbs.  The first safe sold before I could get it.  Found another TL-30 rated safe today and bought it.  Can't tell exactly what model it is.  I'm going to have to call the manufacturer with the serial # and ask tomorrow.  Way more safe than I need but it was cheaper than a Sturdy or Amsec RSC rated safe.  At least that I could find.  

Found someone to haul the safe from the store to my driveway but still have to figure out how to get it out of store and into basement garage of my house.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#7]
$1,200.  Its an International Fortress TL-30 6528 model ( so inside dimensions are 65" x 28" x 20".

These ones are close to the same.  
http://www.socalsafe.com/products/international-fortress-tl-30-v8
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy shit. Oceans 11.
View Quote
Yeah, never thought I'd own a safe with glass relockers.  There was another small TL-30 for sale on craigslist for like $1k the other day.  The safe guy locally that I called told me that a TL-30 of the size I got for $1,500 was a steal.  Of course the cost to move this thing might keep me honest.  

Its up off the ground on two channel steel pieces so I should be able to get a pallet jack under it.  Not sure how I will move that on carpet.  Probably have to put some plywood under it.  Then there are a few transition strips at doorways between the carpet and VCT.  If I can get it over that I should be home free since its all on one level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top