Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2017 11:35:19 PM EDT
Where is the best place/ Lowest cost on transfers in Huntsville?

I found a place on Winchester Road that does them for $18.

Our gun club had to give up our FFL so my free transfer deal is gone now.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are MIL/First Responder Up In Arms does $10 transfers, otherwise they are $20.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Scottie at SevenX Armory will do up to four transfers for $25.  Useful if you're getting a bunch of stuff in.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Cole Baker at Baker Hydrographics is $10 IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Being on the TN side of the line, if you're getting a handgun or lower from somewhere other than Larry's, Ashby Hardware on the Fayetteville square is still open and charges $20 (including TICS fee). If you need a pistol transferred from Larry's, they only charge the $10 TICS fee.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where is the best place/ Lowest cost on transfers in Huntsville?

I found a place on Winchester Road that does them for $18.

Our gun club had to give up our FFL so my free transfer deal is gone now.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Your club, is that Blue and Gray?  If so, what happened to the FFL dealer BH?

A couple ideas:

Dickey's gun Shop in Kelso,
Vance Machine Shop, 1206 Ardmore Hwy, Taft, TN, 931-993-6727
Patterson's Gunsmithing (right down the street from Vance

Never done transfers with any of them; gunsmithing work with Patterson only.

Good luck!

ETA:  Fork me, you asked for Huntsville; all those are TN/Lincoln county.  Besides I think that Vance is out of business now.  I went by there today and only one car in the parking lot and no sign on the building anymore.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your club, is that Blue and Gray?  If so, what happened to the FFL dealer BH?

A couple ideas:

Dickey's gun Shop in Kelso,
Vance Machine Shop, 1206 Ardmore Hwy, Taft, TN, 931-993-6727
Patterson's Gunsmithing (right down the street from Vance

Never done transfers with any of them; gunsmithing work with Patterson only.

Good luck!
View Quote
The MARS Skeet Club was shut down after nearly 40 years in operation. I could buy any long gun at dealer cost plus shipping, delivered to 4755; the very building that I work in. Reloading supplies as well.  Now, nothing. He had to give up his FFL. Some pillow biting douches on a audit team out of Houston got all scared because; oh my god guns are being sold on a N.A.S.A. facility. You can still buy them on the Army side if you are active duty or retired.

Stupid, huh?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I forgot all about Mars; never to got to use them since I was a contractor on a MSFC site.  The Sharon what's-her-name club would have been my 2nd choice since that's in your area as well.

Fucking liberals.    and  
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Being on the TN side of the line, if you're getting a handgun or lower from somewhere other than Larry's, Ashby Hardware on the Fayetteville square is still open and charges $20 (including TICS fee). If you need a pistol transferred from Larry's, they only charge the $10 TICS fee.
View Quote
I thought you could not buy a handgun besides your resident state. 

Also, I don't see Larry's charging a $10 fee for something transferred in.  They want you to buy what they have in stock or can order themselves. 
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought you could not buy a handgun besides your resident state. 

Also, I don't see Larry's charging a $10 fee for something transferred in.  They want you to buy what they have in stock or can order themselves. 
View Quote
Ashby's only charges $10 to transfer pistols bought at Larry's by a TN resident. They have a special arrangement worked out between them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ashby's only charges $10 to transfer pistols bought at Larry's by a TN resident. They have a special arrangement worked out between them.
View Quote
Ah said the blind man!

'Course, now I'm obligated to go by Ashby's - a pox on you and your house!!11

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cole Baker at Baker Hydrographics is $10 IIRC.
View Quote
I've had a new transfers done with Cole. Great guy and he does very good Cerakote work.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Malcolm at Silent Industries in Madison charges $20 flat fee regardless of the number of items coming in. He is a great guy. Has some unconventional hours so make sure to call or check out his website before you make the trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top