Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2017 8:44:05 AM EDT
Has anyone ever stopped in there? Do they have a showroom or a shop or anything?

I ride by once in a while, but haven't had time to stop yet. I don't want to bother if it's just an office. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They have a large showroom that is open by appointment only. Worth calling and setting up a time to stop by. They have everything from their pistols to $30,000 Merkel shotguns. A couple of times a year they run an open house and sale.

When they came out with the new model AUG Scott and his team let me pick out the stock color, barrel length, optic and serial # of my choice and then had their master gunsmith show me how to assemble it. I
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! The experience with the AUG sounds awesome. I'd love to check out their factory. I'll keep an eye out for the open house. 
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Open house is next weekend.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The following post is from All American Outdoors facebook post:  

Steyr Arms will hold a three-day Open House and Factory-Direct Sale of Steyr and Merkel firearms as well as JAGDHUND and X JAGD clothing lines at its Bessemer, AL headquarters on July 20th to 22th, 2017. We are located at 2530 Morgan Road in Bessemer, and will open the doors to the public from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday for our fourth annual factory-direct sales event.

Visitors can expect to find special pricing exclusively for open house customers. Pricing for this event will not be posted online, as these will be in-showroom specials only. In addition, visitors will be treated to a free catered lunch on Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. until 12 p.m., and one lucky customer will walk away with a Rimfire Package that includes Steyr’s newest firearms, the Scout RFR rimfire rifle and the RFP rimfire pistol. The drawing will be held at lunch on Saturday, but the winner is not required to be present to win.

Our biggest deals with include special pricing on Steyr .40-caliber pistols, Scout packages, Pro Hunter, SSG-04, SSG Carbon, HS .50, and SSG-08-A1 rifles as well as Merkel Double Rifles. There will also be deals on accessories and parts for Steyr and Merkel firearms including optics, holsters, magazines and many other gear items.

The Steyr Arms Open House and Factory-Direct Sale provides an opportunity for hunters, shooters and firearm enthusiasts to visit the U.S. headquarters of Steyr Mannlicher, GmbH, and learn more about the unique products the company imports and offers to Americans. It’s one sale that you won’t want to miss!

Our U.S. headquarters is easily accessible—just off I-459 at Exit 6 for Morgan Road—and is situated next to the CVS distribution center. Please call (205) 417-8644 for more information or email us at [email protected].
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm planning to stop by this afternoon. 
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm headed that way in about 30 minutes. Looking forward to seeing what they're all about
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I was not that impressed. I was hoping to see prices that I couldn't resist. The scout was only $75 less than my LGS.  

I didn't price pistols.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Im probably gonna go window shop today. Kinda want to get an L9
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im probably gonna go window shop today. Kinda want to get an L9
View Quote
They are going to be bringing some level of production from Austria to the US. I'm looking forward to getting a fully Bessemer made L9 (born and raised on that side of the county).

Part of the reason for introducing manufacturing is to allow for innovation that they can't get by relying on the mothership. They have some interesting things in the works.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are going to be bringing some level of production from Austria to the US. I'm looking forward to getting a fully Bessemer made L9 (born and raised on that side of the county).

Part of the reason for introducing manufacturing is to allow for innovation that they can't get by relying on the mothership. They have some interesting things in the works.
View Quote
Good to hear. I had one of the old M9s and will probably get a L9 sometime.

I wonder if a glock style auto sear could be made for the L9  

(Dont panic, I work with a SOT)
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I picked up a double rifle that Herbert fixed on the Friday of the open house. Very fun to browse if you like hunting arms.  My kids held two rifles with a combined value of 80+k

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top