Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2017 7:16:29 AM EDT
Where are the big bass biting?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I would also like to know, but I'm relatively new to fishing as a hobby.  I don't know where you live, but I'm around bham.  three weeks ago, my neighbor and I noticed that the bass were making their beds and getting up on the banks, but they were not biting anything.  Last Friday he tried again and got a couple, but nothing great. I went last weekend and tried and took my fishing finder and noticed that they alll came off the bed (probably due to the storm and drop in temp).  So I think they are as confused as we are with the weather.  However, crappie and bream are always around to entertain us.   They seem to be more weather resilient.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm east of you. I used to fish a lot before and in college, but I'm really rusty now.

I'm heading out tomorrow and will give you a report. The water levels are at or very near summer pool.

We'll see, if I'm not getting any bass, I'll try for crappie.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Caught 4 today using a motor oil and red flake finesse worm on a shaky head rig today fishing docks and piers.

Crappie bite has died down on Logan Martin.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Until all the rain last week, the bass have been tearing it up at Miller's Ferry. That's where I spend my free time

If any of you guys ever go there, look for a Blue/Silver/White 18' Hydra-Sports. Stop and say hello.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
A bud and me did a kayak tourney on Logan this last Saturday. 26 bass landed between us. Most were Spots.  Amazing considering how clouded the water was. They were hungry.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A bud and me did a kayak tourney on Logan this last Saturday. 26 bass landed between us. Most were Spots.  Amazing considering how clouded the water was. They were hungry.
View Quote
What lures were you using, may I ask?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm an open sort when it comes to talking about anything except when it comes down to  my fishing lures and spots, Coach.    

Onliest way to pry that out would be hiring  PI to follow me or look at what I'm fishing with on an invite.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Coach, sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out Lake Tholocco at Fort Rucker.  You would be very surprised what this lake has to offer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Coach, sent you an IM.
View Quote
Ain't got no IM @flysc
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Coach, we have a message deal here (it is weird and contrived as Arf.com's search function though) and I recall me and you communicating via that before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top