Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2017 5:26:48 PM EDT
I live in Jefferson County near Bessemer and work in Hoover...if that makes any difference.

The last time I had a Form 4 filled out (about 8 years ago), I went to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office in Bessemer to get finger printed and had someone in the office sign the Form 4 while I was there.  It turned into quite a hassle as he signed in the wrong spot and I had to get another form, etc.  I really don't want to go through that again.  

Is there an easier way?  Who do you all generally go to in Jefferson County?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I live in Jefferson County near Bessemer and work in Hoover...if that makes any difference.

The last time I had a Form 4 filled out (about 8 years ago), I went to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office in Bessemer to get finger printed and had someone in the office sign the Form 4 while I was there.  It turned into quite a hassle as he signed in the wrong spot and I had to get another form, etc.  I really don't want to go through that again.  

Is there an easier way?  Who do you all generally go to in Jefferson County?

Thanks
View Quote

There are no signatures anymore. You only need to notify the CLEO of a form 1 or form 4 now. The rule changed with 41F back in July of last year. You can roll your own finger prints too. It is not required that a government official finger print you.  As long as you have the equipment and know how to do it, anyone can do it including yourself. You can order the finger print cards from gov. They are free and here is the link https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form. Takes about a week or two to get them. The come in 50 a pack so I order 2 packs. You might want to practice so its good to have a few extra

You can send the sheriff the CLEO copy of form 1 or 4 with the CLEO copy of the form 5320.23 (responsible person questionnaire) certified mail or hand deliver it to him. The Class 3 dealer you are doing the form 4 with should help you with understanding the new process. Its not that bad unless you have a trust with a lot of people on it. If you are really doing a form 1 let me know and I can direct you to a few helpful websites.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info...actually the guys at Hoover Tactical did everything for me other than sign the papers.  Those guys make it too easy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top