Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2017 10:13:59 AM EDT
Yeah, Rep. John Rogers really IS AGAINST gun rights.

https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2017/02/24/alabama-lawmaker-were-not-against-gun-rights-but/

I don't see this passing, but it would be a good idea to remind our elected Representatives to vote no.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
John hasnt introduced his legislation yet and I suspect he won't.  Even if he does it won't make it out of committee and John isn't going to fight for it.  He will be too busy on his gambling bill, HB223.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The changes the proposed act would make to current gun laws are:
  • Mandatory gun registration- owner has registration card that lists all weapons
  • No transfers unless done through a registration office
  • New purchases must be picked up at registration office
  • Mandatory gun safes; only registered owner will have combination
  • Mandatory gun safety classes
  • Open carry and concealed carry policies abolished
  • Waiting period for gun purchase extended to three months to allow all paperwork to pass
  • People under 21 prohibited from owning guns
  • Extensive mental evaluation
  • Mandatory liability insurance for firearms
  • Required reporting of stolen firearms within four hours of discovery
  • Ammo purchases made only for the caliber gun specified on registration
View Quote
And what does that mean, exactly?

It sounds like the morons who drafted that need an extensive mental evaluation.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
John Rodgers lost his mind a longgggggg time ago. This thing is dead before it was even mentioned
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#4]
John Rogers is not bright enough to draft anything.  It was done for him by one of the anti-groups based on their standard template.

Better chance I will grow wings and antlers than the committee takes this piece of garbage up....
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]
And HIS people would protest at having to do any one of those things.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Wish I could find the al.com article about this. The comments were actual fantastic for a change.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wish I could find the al.com article about this. The comments were actual fantastic for a change.
View Quote

I heard about it but I could never find an AL.com article.  It probably did not go well for John Rogers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
This one?
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/02/birmingham_organization_propos.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#9]

That's it. There were some commenters talking about Frank Matthews having a gun concealed on him at this thing. He broke a few laws on top of the fact Mr Matthews is supposedly a felon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's it. There were some commenters talking about Frank Matthews having a gun concealed on him at this thing. He broke a few laws on top of the fact Mr Matthews is supposedly a felon.
View Quote
That sounds believable.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Google can be your friend.

Matthews became involved in drugs and criminal activities as a youth in Cleveland and was arrested more than thirty times.

http://www.bhamwiki.com/w/Frank_Matthews
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top