Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2017 6:00:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I read the resolution.  It is 100% fluff and if I had to guess was hastily drafted to appease the swarm of liberal millennials that packed the chambers today.  Don't get me wrong, Austin is a complete Bernie supporter type, but he doesn't has the balls to battle the state and Feds, thus the resolution carries no weight.  William Bell's directive to the police to not do stop and frisk and to not enforce certain immigration actions has more impact than this useless resolution.  For Austin, it is more about the optics and trying to look like he is doing something important on the issue.  I could go into more detail off-line but this just is a play in Austins greater ambitions.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
F*ck Bell and the cronie council in Bham....
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My understanding was Bell was against it.

I'll recheck.
ETA:
I was wrong, I think he's just playing word games to keep the Fed cash flowing freely.....

"Bell said Birmingham police would not be an enforcement arm of the federal government when it comes to immigration and would open the policy for granting business licenses by not requiring proof of citizenship."
View Quote

This. The council is in no way Bell's cronies. Thay relationship is toxic as hell.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#6]
"Bell said Birmingham police would not be an enforcement arm of the federal government when it comes to immigration and would open the policy for granting business licenses by not requiring proof of citizenship."

a turd by any other name.....

ima boycott.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I won't spend one penny of my hard-earned money in the City of Birmingham ever again!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I won't spend one penny of my hard-earned money in the City of Birmingham ever again!
View Quote
And I will continue my streak of not spending there.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#9]
And I heard on the Radio that Projects were already being cancelled for Safety reasons.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And I heard on the Radio that Projects were already being cancelled for Safety reasons.
View Quote

You'll have to elaborate for me. I've had a long day.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember who it was, but he said that they were going to invest in Birmingham but the increased fear of crime caused them to drop the project.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
JT had one of the council members on his morning show and she said they basically were blindsided by one of the council members and Bell.

One of the members had "been up all night writing a resolution", and Bell "had a much more complicated one he ran by legal", all without any heads up.
References were made to the protesters at the airport and in the audience, the vote was pushed through without explanation, info, or discussion.

Or so it was told.

I know, info overload....

View Quote

That's Austins M.O.  He runs this type of stuff through last minute without thorough review by attorneys, any council person not under his thumb and the public.  He doesn't care if it stands or not. He is just trying to curry favor with millenials and/or African Americans because he plans to run for mayor next election.

Dude's a snake. He somehow manages a well funded lifestyle but even those close to him can't figure out were his income comes from. His council salary alone can't cover the expensive downtown apartment and nightly bar tabs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#14]
It's not Birmingham but there was a snippet of Battle and the HSV city council proposing a similar resolution.  Don't know where that's going to go (if anywhere) or if it's just lip service to keep everyone playing nice.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I think Hoover needs to declare itself a firearms sanctuary city in response!

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#16]
birmingham, al = cesspool
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think Hoover needs to declare itself a firearms sanctuary city in response!

View Quote
And then go take back Bessemer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top