Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2017 10:00:31 PM EDT
Hello local gun nuts, I'm getting transferred to Mobile for work.  Sounds like I will be living just east of Mobile, I have been to Roberts Gun Rack, good dude with some cool stuffs.  

I'm looking for a nice outdoor range.  Rifle and pistol toys are in my box, so any private or public would be great, Steel targets are a plus.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Mobile host a first class GSSF match every October. Gold Mine pawn shop is great place to shop that has the best blue label prices in the state.

Wentzels Oyster house is great place to eat.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello local gun nuts, I'm getting transferred to Mobile for work.  Sounds like I will be living just east of Mobile, I have been to Roberts Gun Rack, good dude with some cool stuffs.  

I'm looking for a nice outdoor range.  Rifle and pistol toys are in my box, so any private or public would be great, Steel targets are a plus.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote

The MPSA (http://www.mpsa.us/) range is a little north of Mobile and hosts USPSA and ICORE events.  It doesn't have any real rifle bays (it does have one that's maybe 60-75 yards long), but it's got lots of steel.  Membership is very reasonable and also provides a discount at matches.

There is an indoor range in Saraland, but it has gone through several owners in the past few years and I have no idea if it's currently open.

Three Brothers Arms is in Stapleton.  I know they have rifle and pistol bays, but I think they require a membership and a daily fee.  Also, I don't think they are open on Sundays.

Styx River is in Robertsdale/Wilcox.  They are open to the public, but always really crowded on the weekends.

There is an FOP range in Fairhope.  25yds only.  Membership is $50/year and you can shoot whenever you want as long as the local LE doesn't have the range booked.  http://www.foplodge43.org/

Pascagoula Shooting Club is right across the Mississippi border (http://pascagoulashootingclub.com/psc/).  They regularly hold benchrest and F class rifle competitions, but that's all I know about it.

Be sure to check out www.gulfcoastgunforum.com to interact with other gun folks in the area.  Do you shoot any sort of competitions?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Bullz I Sports
18178 Highway 98
Lucedale, MS 39452
(601) 947-1739

Pistols to 25 yds.  Rifle to 300 without membership.  I think 500 with membership and steel targets.

I went 2 weeks ago.  It was the first time I have went shooting since moving to Mobile from Oklahoma over a year ago.  It was laid back and nice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome from the other side of town!
If you go to Bullz I Sports, get a membership for the Tactical Range. Lots of steel fun.
Nice that it's practically in my back yard.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent Excellent Excellent!!  Thank you all for the info, I have shot local pistol plate matches in the past, all fun competitions.  It has been 10 years since I purchased a blue label glock, I'm Very happy to do that for that for sure!  I will look into every listed resource and again, Thank you all!! I think Mobile is going to be a Real good time..
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I forgot to mention http://shootingsportscalendar.com/calendar/ to find most of the local matches.  If you're interested in getting out to a competition, I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks again!!  Still looking like a late July arrival, I will check in again once I get the internet on and A/C pumping.  

Does anyone have A/C in the garage or work shop?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks again!!  Still looking like a late July arrival, I will check in again once I get the internet on and A/C pumping.  

Does anyone have A/C in the garage or work shop?
View Quote
You'll need a window unit, what I would suggest anyways.

ETA - or a standalone that has a hose out the window.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out Revered Firearms on Airport Blvd.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you again for all the info Men!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top