Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2017 12:26:17 AM EDT
I'm putting together a form 1 for an SBR.  My only other experience with NFA stuff was for a suppressor that I did with a trust and it was way before 41f so I didn't have to deal with CLEO at all.  With the new rules it's just as easy for me to submit this one as an individual  Who do you send your CLEO notifications to? Does Jefferson County know what to do with these?  Ever have any issues with them?
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#3]
We're sending all of ours to the State Police Chief.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
take it down to the JCSO office downtown. if mike hale is in the office he will sign and hand it right back to you. it never took me more than a day to get back if i had to drop one off.
View Quote

I stopped by to get mine signed about 5 years ago. I went while I was at work...in full uniform. The lady at the counter asked if I had a pistol permit...I thought she was joking, so I pointed to my badge and said "No...I've just been using this for the last 18 years."

Apparently she wasn't joking. I asked if an APOST certificate counted, "Nope...we don't sign those unless you have a pistol permit."

Stopped by the jurisdiction of my residence...the Chief had no issues with signing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
take it down to the JCSO office downtown. if mike hale is in the office he will sign and hand it right back to you. it never took me more than a day to get back if i had to drop one off.
View Quote

Well, after 41F all we have to do is send it to or drop it off to CLEO, no signature/signoff required.  The popular thing has been to send it to the highest up the food chain as possible.  The instructions to CLEO on forms 1 and 4 state that they only have to take action if they know of a reason the applicant can't possess the item, whatever it is.  I've read a few cases where jackass agencies or ignorant (no any in Alabama) have called the ATF and thrown a wrench in the works because they don't like suppressors or SBRs.  One case I read about the state police wouldn't allow it to proceed till they sent it to county or local, I can't remember.  Just wanted to make sure Sheriff Hale wasn't anti SBR before I sent it to them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW, Beer Slayer.....  When the hell are we going to get together and drink a beer.  Been way too long.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top