Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2016 6:49:44 PM EDT
Ok guys there used to be some awesome carbine and 2 gun matches in Bham with some 3 gun thrown in, all the time. Now it seems like they have all dried up, or am I just missing them.

Where is everyone doing carbine, 2gun, 3gun at around here?
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Brock's Gap has a monthly 2 gun match, an annual carbine championship match, and quarterly 3 gun matches.

Cavern Cove range in Grant has monthly 3 gun matches. I think they have a carbine match every once in a while.

CMP range in Talladega has a monthly 3 gun match.

I think Frank Proctor, Way of the Gun, has a match every once in a while in Eastaboga.

Don't go to Last Resort. Owner wanted Obama to sign in an AWB just to help his bottom line.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brock's Gap has a monthly 2 gun match, an annual carbine championship match, and quarterly 3 gun matches.

Cavern Cove range in Grant has monthly 3 gun matches. I think they have a carbine match every once in a while.

CMP range in Talladega has a monthly 3 gun match.

I think Frank Proctor, Way of the Gun, has a match every once in a while in Eastaboga.

Don't go to Last Resort. Owner wanted Obama to sign in an AWB just to help his bottom line.
View Quote

Brock's gap practical tactical match is a 2/3 gun match every 4th Saturday. Go to Brock's gap website for more info.

The cavern coven 3 gun match is every 3rd Saturday. Go to rocket city practical shooters website for more info.

CMP does a 3 gun match every 3rd Saturday.

East Alabama gun club does a 3gun match every 1st Saturday. Go to Their website for more information.

Those are the times of the ones I know about. All of them are fun but practice of 3gun rules can vary
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe Precision Tactical sponsors and/or runs some 2 gun matches around the Birmingham area, but I can't find any info about them.

CORE Shooting Solutions runs some 2 gun matches in Baker, FL (about a mile from the AL line) about every other month:  https://www.coreshooting.com/pages/competitions-multi-gun
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

The carbine match is once every 3-4 months in place of the regular IDPA match (1st Saturday of the month).
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe Precision Tactical sponsors and/or runs some 2 gun matches around the Birmingham area, but I can't find any info about them.

CORE Shooting Solutions runs some 2 gun matches in Baker, FL (about a mile from the AL line) about every other month:  https://www.coreshooting.com/pages/competitions-multi-gun
View Quote

I want to think that PT does those at Brock's gaps as precision carbine matches. Never shot one so I'm not sure
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I want to think that PT does those at Brock's gaps as precision carbine matches. Never shot one so I'm not sure
View Quote

I thought those were the ones you liked going to? Or is it the 2 gun?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:50:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I thought those were the ones you liked going to? Or is it the 2 gun?
View Quote

I go to most of brocks gaps practical tactical 3 guns and some of their 2 guns. Never been to the precision tactical matches though. I hope I can shoot the CMP match this month if they do it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Heritage's USPSA monthly match, 4th Saturday in Argo (north of Trussville), is always and has been for the last 10 years a 2-gun, pistol/rifle, they run March-October. www.hrpclub.org
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm interested in competitive shoot but don't know where to start and can't find anything around Tuscaloosa.

So I'll subscribe for info
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ok guys there used to be some awesome carbine and 2 gun matches in Bham with some 3 gun thrown in, all the time. Now it seems like they have all dried up, or am I just missing them.

Where is everyone doing carbine, 2gun, 3gun at around here?
View Quote

It's always been a bit more challenging to find multigun matches (vs handgun only comps).  They are more labor intensive to set up and administer.  Lots of good suggestions to find them have been given in this thread.  If you don't mind driving a bit out of Bhm, you can find a 2-gun or 3-gun match to shoot most every weekend.  For regular monthly events in the Bhm area, the Heritage 2-gun and BGTC "practical tactical" matches are your best bets.

Regarding details on the Brock's Gap matches:

The "practical-tactical" match is held the 4th Saturday of each month.  The match directors that put it on have been doing it for a number of years and it has a good following.  I believe most of them are handgun/shotgun 2-gun format with an occasional 3-gun format.  All of the shooting is done in the pistol bays so there are no shots at distance with the rifle.  

Precision Tactical (P-Tac) has sponsored and run multi-gun matches on an "as scheduled" basis.  Will Jones, an experienced multigun shooter, has been the match director.  They are generally more advanced in stage design vs the monthly practical-tactical matches and incorporate rifle shots out to 200-300yds.

BGTC also holds precision rifle matches that incorporate handgun shooting in some of the stages.  These matches are primarily long range rifle events (100-700yds) with some pistol thrown in for fun.

Lastly, "carbine" and carbine-multigun matches are held on an "as scheduled" basis.  I have been slacking of late in putting these on but Stefan and I are tentatively planning some for 2017.

Keep an eye on the BGTC website for updated match information.  There are many to choose from and all are open to the public.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm interested in competitive shoot but don't know where to start and can't find anything around Tuscaloosa.

So I'll subscribe for info
View Quote
Are you familiar with Tuscaloosa Shooting Sports? Right now the only match is a .22 CMP Sporter Match every month, but I think the Club (which is relatively new at its current location) is looking at holding other kinds of matches in the future. 
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are you familiar with Tuscaloosa Shooting Sports? Right now the only match is a .22 CMP Sporter Match every month, but I think the Club (which is relatively new at its current location) is looking at holding other kinds of matches in the future. 
View Quote

Thanks I didn't know about them!  

I looked at their membership form but I don't know anyone in it and you need 2 current members to sign for you.

I'll shoot them an email and see if they have a calender up so I can go to one of their shoots and see if it's something I want to join.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks I didn't know about them!  

I looked at their membership form but I don't know anyone in it and you need 2 current members to sign for you.

I'll shoot them an email and see if they have a calender up so I can go to one of their shoots and see if it's something I want to join.
View Quote
PM inbound.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's always been a bit more challenging to find multigun matches (vs handgun only comps).  They are more labor intensive to set up and administer.  Lots of good suggestions to find them have been given in this thread.  If you don't mind driving a bit out of Bhm, you can find a 2-gun or 3-gun match to shoot most every weekend.  For regular monthly events in the Bhm area, the Heritage 2-gun and BGTC "practical tactical" matches are your best bets.

Regarding details on the Brock's Gap matches:

The "practical-tactical" match is held the 4th Saturday of each month.  The match directors that put it on have been doing it for a number of years and it has a good following.  I believe most of them are handgun/shotgun 2-gun format with an occasional 3-gun format.  All of the shooting is done in the pistol bays so there are no shots at distance with the rifle.  

Precision Tactical (P-Tac) has sponsored and run multi-gun matches on an "as scheduled" basis.  Will Jones, an experienced multigun shooter, has been the match director.  They are generally more advanced in stage design vs the monthly practical-tactical matches and incorporate rifle shots out to 200-300yds.

BGTC also holds precision rifle matches that incorporate handgun shooting in some of the stages.  These matches are primarily long range rifle events (100-700yds) with some pistol thrown in for fun.

Lastly, "carbine" and carbine-multigun matches are held on an "as scheduled" basis.  I have been slacking of late in putting these on but Stefan and I are tentatively planning some for 2017.

Keep an eye on the BGTC website for updated match information.  There are many to choose from and all are open to the public.
View Quote

Keep us updated on that. I would love to go but need a heads up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I sure do miss these DT??... helping is almost as fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top