Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2016 10:59:02 PM EDT
I have an app on my wife's phone and I suppose I should study it better.  I was just curious if there are certain things to watch out for.  

In our state we can't carry in Govt' buildings and then also businesses can post.  As I understand it's not necessarily illegal to be carrying in a posted place, it's just that the owner can ask you to leave if they know you were.  I have to double check all that but that's how I understand it.  And as far as the govt' buildings go, you're not supposed to be within 100' feet of a school with a gun.  But I think you are allowed to leave your gun in the car at the other Govt' building's parking structures.  

Other than that, I don't think there is too much to know.  Are there things I need to watch out for that I might be committing a felony or a misdemeanor?  Like I think in Tennessee your not supposed to carry in a state park.  But I'm not sure about that either.  

I need to brush up on the rules more, but though maybe it could start with you guys.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you've got it covered.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#2]
What part of the state are gonna be in JJ?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Anniston right now at the Outlaws.  I mean in laws.

I brought my M9 too (carrying my 442) and seriously would like to go to the new CMP range.  But I'm not sure there will be time.  Are you the one that posted a range report from out there?  I don't know if they have 7 yards or 15 or 25???  I think my FIL had a .22 rifle around here, not sure if he got rid of it I'll have to ask my MIL.  He passed away last year.  He had a marlin 60 that I shot at a gravel pit a few times.  One time I took my wife's cousin and his wife to that gravel pit with a case of "Dr. Thunder" soda and shook them up and put them out and let them go to town.  We had sploding cans in Alabama.  They still talk about that day when I see them and that was like 10 years ago.  Who doesn't like sploding cans and a semi .22????  

Anyways...  I'm going on and on.  Where you at?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you've got it covered.
View Quote

Are state parks off limits?  I was a little bit worried about a Restaurant because up by us there is some goofy rule about not carrying in a place where alchohol accounts for over 50% of their monthly sales.  But then nobody knows what that means exactly for some restaurants.  And then I'm pretty sure some people are carrying in bars by us, so I'm not really sure about what's up with that one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in Anniston right now at the Outlaws.  I mean in laws.

I brought my M9 too (carrying my 442) and seriously would like to go to the new CMP range.  But I'm not sure there will be time.  Are you the one that posted a range report from out there?  I don't know if they have 7 yards or 15 or 25???  I think my FIL had a .22 rifle around here, not sure if he got rid of it I'll have to ask my MIL.  He passed away last year.  He had a marlin 60 that I shot at a gravel pit a few times.  One time I took my wife's cousin and his wife to that gravel pit with a case of "Dr. Thunder" soda and shook them up and put them out and let them go to town.  We had sploding cans in Alabama.  They still talk about that day when I see them and that was like 10 years ago.  Who doesn't like sploding cans and a semi .22????  

Anyways...  I'm going on and on.  Where you at?
View Quote
About 2 1/2 hrs south of you. 

I really need hit the CMP store and grab a Garand while they still have 'em.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Watch out for anyone who might need shootin'.  Other than that, I believe you've got it covered.

Hope you enjoy your time in Alabama.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Montgomery?

Yes, yes you do need a Garand from the CMP.    It's funny, I always come here around the holidays and the CMP has never been open when I'm here.  Booooooooooooo.....  But I do have 3 rifles from them at present.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Watch out for anyone who might need shootin'.  Other than that, I believe you've got it covered.

Hope you enjoy your time in Alabama.
View Quote

Well yesterday, we were headed to walmart and this lady just about T boned us.  We were on the main road and she was turning right off of a side street.  Everyone in the car about had a heart attack.  Then the lady proceeded to ride right on my butt, while texting.  I was pissed.  But I didn't swear thank God.  My MIL was in the car with us.  LOL.  It was about as bad of driving I've seen in a while.  Although we have some wingdingers up by us too.   And then in Chicago.... UGH.  Everybody is AJ Foyt up there.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm about half an hour from there. If you decide to go to the CMP any days next week minus Monday and Friday drop me a PM.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Montgomery?

Yes, yes you do need a Garand from the CMP.    It's funny, I always come here around the holidays and the CMP has never been open when I'm here.  Booooooooooooo.....  But I do have 3 rifles from them at present.
View Quote
Almost. Wetumpka.

I may be off the day after new years, and if they're open, I may go grab one.

Link Posted: 12/27/2016 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Montgomery?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Montgomery?

That's because they keep "Government" hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top