Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2016 6:11:55 PM EDT
Obviously he has some political ambition.  But I don't know his goal.  I figure he wants to be governor or maybe Senator.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Not if John Merrill gets his way.  Kay Ivey will throw in for it too.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

good lord i hope not.
View Quote

I agree.  For someone who is the head of Alabama's judiciary his job is to uphold our constitution and higher court decisions whether he likes them or not.  Unfortunately Roy Moore believes his personal opinions are above the way our system is designed to work.  If elected governor will he ignore the laws that govern that office and do as he damn well pleases?  History has shown he will and would likely be impeached and removed from that office also.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Not with my vote he won't.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
good lord i hope not.
View Quote

+100
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I agree.  For someone who is the head of Alabama's judiciary his job is to uphold our constitution and higher court decisions whether he likes them or not.  Unfortunately Roy Moore believes his personal opinions are above the way our system is designed to work.  If elected governor will he ignore the laws that govern that office and do as he damn well pleases?  History has shown he will and would likely be impeached and removed from that office also.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
good lord i hope not.

Where in the Alabama State Constitution does it dictate that the Alabama Supreme Court Justice can or has to enforce the rulings of the federal courts?

Where in the US Constitution does it give the Supreme Court the power to legislate from the bench?

I don't know where that is in their respective Constitution, but I do know where and what my 10th Amendment says.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where in the Alabama State Constitution does it dictate that the Alabama Supreme Court Justice can or has to enforce the rulings of the federal courts?

Where in the US Constitution does it give the Supreme Court the power to legislate from the bench?

I don't know where that is in their respective Constitution, but I do know where and what my 10th Amendment says.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
good lord i hope not.

U.S. Constitution, Article VI, Clause 2

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
good lord i hope not.

That's it among others such as Article 3, section 1. The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#9]
And this morning.... Roy Moore refuses to remove items from his office at request of acting chief justice.
Once again he shows his contempt for authority when he is told to do something.  He's like a little kid holding his breath and stomping his feet.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Should HIllary Clinton get elected and pack the US Supreme Court with activist liberals, you'll want someone with the balls to tell the Feds to fuck off when they overstep their authority.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top