Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2016 8:04:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
AL.com supported Clinton.

Next you'll tell us the sky is blue and water is wet!
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
AL.com turned off their forums because the election was not going good for the Democrats.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw a billboard in Athens today that said "love trumps hate" along with Clinton / whatever her stupid VP nominee is. It was paid for by some stupid Limestone Co. Democrap party committee. I want to paint over Clinton / whatever and hate so all it says is "love trump" - paid for by whatever committee.

ETA: I also hate trump but he is the better of the 2.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

AL.com supported Clinton.

Next you'll tell us the sky is blue and water is wet!
View Quote

And that Martha Roby, Bradley Byrne, and Gov. Bentley are conservative.

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
A dangerous candidate is one whom the media would never expose the misdeeds of, nor the congress impeach.  There is only one candidate running whose misdeeds the media would expose and the congress bring impeachment against
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
al.com seriously sucks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#8]
And Gov Get Bent can't morally support Trump after his comments about women...(as he is audio taped wanted to walk up behind his concubine and grab her breasts)
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
al.com seriously sucks.
View Quote

Seriously.

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#10]
There is a move afoot on FB to write-in Becky Gerritson on the Republican ballot for the 2nd Cong. Dist. She lost to Roby in the primary election, but now Roby has done something really dumb, according to  constituent comments on FB, AL.com, and other media outlets. I wonder if the same is underway for Byrne's district?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 7:50:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There is a move afoot on FB to write-in Becky Gerritson on the Republican ballot for the 2nd Cong. Dist. She lost to Roby in the primary election, but now Roby has done something really dumb, according to  constituent comments on FB, AL.com, and other media outlets. I wonder if the same is underway for Byrne's district?
View Quote

I supported Roby, but after her comments about Trump, no more.  I'll be voting against her every time she is on the ballot.

It seems like all the Republicans have forgotten the 11th Commandment that Ronald Reagan popularized.  And, these would be the same Republicans if they had nominated Kasich or Jeb Bush would be telling us to vote for him even though he isn't perfect.

As far as al.com endorsing Hillary, that's why I don't go to al.com's website.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Why have you people been supporting Roby?  Have you never called in to Herr office to get her stance on things? Fucking rino.  I tried to get gerritson in, oh well
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Why have you people been supporting Roby?  Have you never called in to Herr office to get her stance on things? Fucking rino.  I tried to get gerritson in, oh well
View Quote

I call her office all the time and you will not get her stance on anything.  I called numerous times when the vote for the TPA was coming up and couldn't get an answer from her office on how she was going to vote.  I waited until I saw the vote about to take place on C-Span and called her office and got the same old song and dance that Rep. Roby was still considering all aspects of the agreement and would make her decision soon.  After the vote I called and asked if she stood with her constituents and voted against the bill or if she stood with the House leadership and voted yes.  The answer to that was obvious since her nose was so far up John Boehner's back side she couldn't see day light.  Sadly Roby is there to enrich herself and position herself for life after congress which hopefully will be in two years.

It's obvious both she and Byrne (who is now backpedaling on his stance against Trump) stood with the gropenor because they both want to be appointed to fill Sen. Sessions seat should he be appointed to a cabinet position in a Trump administration.  I would have supported Byrne over Roby until they both made this huge mistake.  On the bright side Dick Brewbaker has stated publicly he will run for the seat should it be left open by Session leaving.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:It's obvious both she and Byrne (who is now backpedaling on his stance against Trump) stood with the gropenor because they both want to be appointed to fill Sen. Sessions seat should he be appointed to a cabinet position in a Trump administration.  I would have supported Byrne over Roby until they both made this huge mistake.  On the bright side Dick Brewbaker has stated publicly he will run for the seat should it be left open by Session leaving.      
View Quote

Take a look at Roby's and Byrne's facebook pages.  They're getting hammered by their constituents.  The best one was on Byrne's page where he was called a "spineless little weasel."  The only people who support what they did are liberals and democrats.

I read somewhere that the Republi-losers were told by their "leadership"(?) that Trump would step down in favor of Pence when the recording came out, so they could go ahead and distance yourself from him.  They did, and Trump DIDN'T!  

Love Trump, or hate him, its good to see a Republican have the stones to throw it back in the collective faces of the media and establishment.

I would support Dick Brewbaker.  He's a good fella.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry, double post....
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#16]
AL.com is for losers.  They had a great opportunity to be the state's news outlet.  And they blew it.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
AL.com is for losers.  They had a great opportunity to be the state's news outlet.  And they blew it.    
View Quote

They didn't just blow it, they killed heir opportunity and buried it under six feet of concrete.  Laid off every good reporter and replaced them with freaking kids who don't know what the fuck they are doing.  

Business news is what I am interested in due to my job and I pay closer attention to those stories.  I once sat behind one of their reporters who was at a public meeting to cover a project I had worked on.  During the portion of the meeting that the public body discussed the project she was tweeting about her shitty luck with Tinder.  After the meeting she asked the lead public official "I thought you were going to discuss X". She completely missed five minutes of discussion.

The BBJ is better for business coverage but still not as good as they could be.  Right now the best outlet for business news is Alabama Power's media arm.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Scarbinsky wasn't tooting his horn, was he?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

AL.com blew it once again.  

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
al.com seriously sucks.
View Quote

+1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top