Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2016 6:55:23 PM EDT
http://www.weisradio.com/man-charged-with-criminal-possession-of-explosives/

"A DeKalb County man currently stands charged with three counts of Criminal Possession of Explosives.                                            According to Sheriff Jimmy Harris 43 year old Russell Neal Godwin of Ider was arrested last week after law enforcement responded to a distress call, during which a man stated that his wife was threatening to harm herself.

Authorities made contact with the woman to make sure she was okay, and at that point, she told them her husband was manufacturing explosives inside the home."
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang Ider spacers.

I've always wanted to play with explosives.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if "Ider" was named after a woman named "Ida".  I used to know someone named Ida, but her name was pronounced "Mamaw Eye-der"  
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
They would not want me on the jury. People should not be convicted by stupid laws.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe "making explosives" is still legal for individuals if no state or federal prohibitions come into play.  

What, the guy made lift powder for his model rocket hobby?  Would like more specifics.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wonder if "Ider" was named after a woman named "Ida".  I used to know someone named Ida, but her name was pronounced "Mamaw Eye-der"  
View Quote

Actually, yes...

Mail service would drop the mail at her house.  Everybody went to Ida's house to get their mail.  The crossroads became known as Ider because of that.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Details are overwhelming.

Did the guy have tannerite?
View Quote

First I've heard of this case but doubtful was tannerite.  Too many of the deputies up here know what it is.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Actually, yes...

Mail service would drop the mail at her house.  Everybody went to Ida's house to get their mail.  The crossroads became known as Ider because of that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, yes...

'En why'd'ey misspell it?  Ida ain't spelled I-D-E-R.  Postmaster must've loved'm some irony.

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

'En why'd'ey misspell it?  Ida ain't spelled I-D-E-R.  Postmaster must've loved'm some irony.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, yes...

I think her name was 'Ida Deere' and they just shortened it to 'Ider'....................

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top