Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2016 8:45:42 PM EDT
Hey guys, I need a gunsmith around the Huntsville/Madison area to solder a front sight on a Browning A5.  Any ideas on who to go to?

TIA
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Scottie Roberson at SevenX Armory.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Him or if you go up near Hazel Green, Josh Hamilton at Hamilton Armory.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  Scottie has worked on a few things for me and does a great job.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a gunsmith and/or FFL out near Toney off of Wall-Triana road near that firewood seller's place.  Any one know of or used him?

How about Patterson Guns about 2 miles east of Taft, TN, about 4-5 miles north of the border?  Any one know of him?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I just know of a holster maker out there in Toney. Are you talking about Master Tac?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just know of a holster maker out there in Toney. Are you talking about Master Tac?
View Quote

Probably, but I have idea, I can't read the sign's small print when I'm driving by at +45 mph.  Plus I don't go by it much at all vs. when had two houses at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How about Patterson Guns about 2 miles east of Taft, TN, about 4-5 miles north of the border?  Any one know of him?
View Quote

My dad uses him a lot.  For Browning Shotguns and other skeet/trap guns etc...
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's a gunsmith and/or FFL out near Toney off of Wall-Triana road near that firewood seller's place.  Any one know of or used him?

View Quote

You have one in your backyard.  Howard Pitts on Perry Road off of Robertson Hollow Road. Long distance shooter, machinist, gunsmith.

OP he's in Tennessee but it's 45 minutes from Huntsville.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You have one in your backyard.  Howard Pitts on Perry Road off of Robertson Hollow Road. Long distance shooter, machinist, gunsmith.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never heard of him.

I know where Perry is; it's a dead end road with "No Trespassing" signs near the entrance.  Since I don't like people passing my NT signs, I don't go past theirs either.  I know the guy that lives at the end of Perry, he and I used to work together on GMD at Boeing.  Never been there though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I've used https://www.gun.rodeo/rangefinder to find a gun shop that would do a bluing solution on my rifle. Ended up finding a shop just a few miles from my house that did excellent work to restore my hunting rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top