Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2016 8:54:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The "Hillary defense" is clearly written on the sign.  I'm sorry, I didn't know I was carrying a gun.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Last time I wrote them about something like this they wanted me to fill out a legal complaint form... Wasn't thrilled about the idea.  Pretty much required?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I know the mayor.  I'll ask him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#4]
The sign is still there. Working on my connection in homewood to see what is "said" about it. You would have thought they would have taken it down after the city park signs were removed.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sign is still there. Working on my connection in homewood to see what is "said" about it. You would have thought they would have taken it down after the city park signs were removed.
View Quote

The sad thing is that Liberals never learn.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Scott Mcbrayer is conservative and a good guy. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say about it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
From the link -

A petitioner alleged that Brantley School was in violation of Alabama law by posting signs prohibiting firearms, and suspending petitioner from school functions and property for violating the no firearms policy. Because the Crenshaw County Board of Education has authority under Ala. Code § 16-1-24.1 to prohibit weapons, the Attorney General will not file suit.

So school boards can set their own firearms policy that override state law?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

From the link -

A petitioner alleged that Brantley School was in violation of Alabama law by posting signs prohibiting firearms, and suspending petitioner from school functions and property for violating the no firearms policy. Because the Crenshaw County Board of Education has authority under Ala. Code § 16-1-24.1 to prohibit weapons, the Attorney General will not file suit.

Yes.

It is not overriding state law.  The preemption law specifically allows it.  Hence, "or as expressly authorized by a statute of this state"

Want it fixed, call your legislator.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is not overriding state law.  The preemption law specifically allows it.  Hence, "or as expressly authorized by a statute of this state"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the link -

Yes.

Where can I find more info on this? Do "no gun" signs on schools have the force of the law? or are they like other "no gun" signs, if found carrying you are asked to leave and you don't then you are breaking the law and can be arrested?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not like other signs. Schools got their own special law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the link -

Yes.

Where can I find more info on this? Do "no gun" signs on schools have the force of the law? or are they like other "no gun" signs, if found carrying you are asked to leave and you don't then you are breaking the law and can be arrested?

Only during regular school hours tho, right?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

Where do you see that in the law?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top