Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2016 7:20:34 PM EDT
I need to make or buy two target stands for my steel targets to shoot at the Blue&Gray. Steel got popular and the spalling was eating up the wood frames they have so you need to bring your own frames now (i've been procrastinating on this for awhile). I have 8x8 AR500 plates I use at 25 yards for pistol and one at 100/200 yards for centerfire rifle.

I didn't know if anyone local sold stands that are easy to setup and take down at the range and throw into a car trunk. Some of the online kits seemed kind of expensive and/or not very portable.

I could probably throw something together from Lowes or Home Depot from PVC or pipe without too much trouble but I figured i'd check-in here before I tried to reinvent the wheel.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Found a pretty good and portable setup using 1/2" black steel pipe from Lowes.

(4) 1/2x30" for the legs

(1) 1/2x6" for the cross bar

(2) 1/2" Tees for the crossbar and front legs

(2) 1/2x90° elbows for the back legs

(2) 1/2x2" (the length can vary spending on whats available) straight pieces to connect the back leg and elbow to the crossbar.

(2) 4" spring loaded stainless steel D-clamps for the crossbar

(2) 2.75" spring loaded stainless stell D-clamps for the chain/target

Came out to about $70. You can vary the width of the crossbar or the height by getting different lengths of straight pipe. The best part is it folds flat so it will transport easily and you have adjustment on all corners for uneven ground.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
It actually held up great. I used it at 50 yards with .22lr and at 200 yards with .22lr, 5.56 (XM193), and .308 (155 gr Hornady TAP) with no issues. I had one oopsie where one of my 5.56 rounds hit a leg but it only went in one side and didn't go all the way through and it didn't fall over.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If you need anything else contact Ultimate Targets through Facebook or UltimateTargets.com.  Pete is a good guy, makes good stuff, and is semi-local (Manchester, TN).  He's met me in Fayetteville when I've bought stuff from him in the past.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found a pretty good and portable setup using 1/2" black steel pipe from Lowes.

(4) 1/2x30" for the legs
(1) 1/2x6" for the cross bar
(2) 1/2" Tees for the crossbar and front legs
(2) 1/2x90° elbows for the back legs
(2) 1/2x2" (the length can vary spending on whats available) straight pieces to connect the back leg and elbow to the crossbar.
(2) 4" spring loaded stainless steel D-clamps for the crossbar
(2) 2.75" spring loaded stainless stell D-clamps for the chain/target

Came out to about $70. You can vary the width of the crossbar or the height by getting different lengths of straight pipe. The best part is it folds flat so it will transport easily and you have adjustment on all corners for uneven ground.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173545/90220.JPG

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173545/90219.JPG

View Quote

Nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top