Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 10:42:53 PM EDT
My wife and a couple of friends are at the beach this weekend and want to find some really good seafood places to eat. The kind that the locals know about more than just the touristy places. So, let's hear them and thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Shipp's Harbor Grill and Cobalt are our favorites. A lot of folks like Doc's but I just found it meh.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#2]
It depends on what you want.

Doc's is my favorite fried shrimp/fried oyster place.

Original Oyster House is hard to beat. They have something for everyone. Grilled, fried, seafood, non-seafood. Go for lunch. Dinner will be a 2hr+ wait.

Tin Top. It's in Bon Secour. The food has always been great. The service has been spotty. In my experience if they get real busy, service can become lacking.

If you want a good breakfast, visit Duck's on Canal rd.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Cayman Grill is really good and popular with the locals. Cosmo's is my favorite, right on Canal Road.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Gulf Shores Steamer
On the left just before the bridge to Orange Beach.  Don't get it confused with The Steamer which is in Gulf Shores Steamer's old location behind Souvenir City.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.thelouisianalagniappe.com/about/

Nice, quiet, intimate place with excellent food, IMO.  It has become one of my favorites when I have a meeting or conference at Perdido.

View Quote

+1 and Mikee's has some pretty good dishes  - located in gulf shores.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

.....Cosmo's ....
View Quote
The only time I have been, food was okay, but the service really sucked.

I hate dropping >$200 for the family and getting sucky service.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

http://www.thelouisianalagniappe.com/about/

Nice, quiet, intimate place with excellent food, IMO.  It has become one of my favorites when I have a meeting or conference at Perdido.

View Quote
That and Grazie's right below are two of our favorites.

I really enjoy pulling the boat up to Lulu's and hanging out for a few hours.  Touristy as it gets, but still a fun part of family vacation.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#10]
She's tried Steamers and FloraBama just for fun so far. Thanks for the help and keep the suggestions coming.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Doc's is a must. its on the backside of Orange beach. not much to look at but the food, portion and price are outstanding. get there early or you will be waiting.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Nolan's in Gulf Shores
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Wolfs bay lodge
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Original Oyster House is good...
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#16]
This is Mrs. ab5996. I want to thank all of you for your recommendations for eateries in Orange Beach! We tried Steamers, Florabama Bar, Doc's, The Hangout, and Tacky Jacks. Doc's was our favorite by far! I do not recommend The Hangout unless you are wanting high priced chain food. It seemed like we paid for the name. FloraBama bar was the most fun. We didn't eat there but the bar was great! I even left my bra above the dance floor!??
Thanks again! I plan to try other places next time I'm in town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top