Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 5:24:59 PM EDT
It's bit of a shock considering how many PDs they supply, and how many use glock.

The days of $320 trade-in Glocks are over.

"GLOCK CUSTOMERS: Some of you may have heard that we chose to dissolve our long-term relationship with GLOCK. This is true. However, the factory will ship all the orders that were already booked, giving us good inventory for the next several weeks.

We are out of several models today, but expect more inventory shortly - so get your orders in now! Law enforcement, military or first responders only - Call 800.223.7869."
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It's bit of a shock considering how many PDs they supply, and how many use glock.

"GLOCK CUSTOMERS: Some of you may have heard that we chose to dissolve our long-term relationship with GLOCK. This is true. However, the factory will ship all the orders that were already booked, giving us good inventory for the next several weeks.

We are out of several models today, but expect more inventory shortly - so get your orders in now! Law enforcement, military or first responders only - Call 800.223.7869."
View Quote
It's like the grocery store not selling milk anymore.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

bit of a shock is an understatement! I bought all my Glocks from them!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]
From somebody I know at another gun distributor, they had a very serious breach of contract issue with Glock, don't know the details.  Glock shut them off rather abruptly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From somebody I know at another gun distributor, they had a very serious breach of contract issue with Glock, don't know the details.  Glock shut them off rather abruptly.

View Quote
Sounds like it might be a MAP issue. Glock doesn't play around with that.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What were they charging for Blue Label pistols? The last I heard model 17's without night sights and 3 mags were supposed to be $398. If they were charging more than that, Glock may have shown them the door.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What were they charging for Blue Label pistols? The last I heard model 17's without night sights and 3 mags were supposed to be $398. If they were charging more than that, Glock may have shown them the door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The idea is that there ia a minimum price that can be advertised... they can sell them for whatever they want to, but would have to advertise it as "Call for Pricing" or.. they can lose their distributorship... it's standard policy across most industries....   we've all seen it.. even on car ads and furniture ads.. "prices so low we can't  advertise them over the air"....

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The idea is that there ia a minimum price that can be advertised... they can sell them for whatever they want to, but would have to advertise it as "Call for Pricing" or.. they can lose their distributorship... it's standard policy across most industries....   we've all seen it.. even on car ads and furniture ads.. "prices so low we can't  advertise them over the air"....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never seen a GSD ad in the wild.  Their pistols are marked strict 398 too and they required GSSF for purchasers who didn't qualify any other way.  Been strict about it for years.  Unless they changed in the past 2 or so months.  I was about to reup my GSSF for this reason, but no need now.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
So, the question remains.  Who is picking up the blue label contract now?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last time I checked they didn't advertise their price on the Blue Label Glocks, every time I needed a price I had to call and check the LEO rate but that has been a year or so. You don't think they screwed up and started advertising do you?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, the question remains.  Who is picking up the blue label contract now?
View Quote

One of the guys I work with said Birmingham Pistol Wholesale in Trussville gives Blue Label pricing but I have not verified that yet. Their website says they give law enforcement and military discounts on Glock and FN products.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Walter Craig in Montgomery is the new Distributor down that way.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Hmmm. I got my 43 from them a while back iirc it was $369.
View Quote
Wanna sell it for $379?

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't a map issue.  I've talked to one of the folks involved and it was a Glock ultimatum that Gulf States said no to.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I just got off the phone with Gulf States, I only inquired about models 17, 26 and 43. They have 17's and 43's in stock with more 26's coming. The sales rep said this is the last shipment and there will be no more. I didn't ask about what issue they had with Glock but will when I go down there next week. The price I was quoted for 17's was $393 and the 43's were $369.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:01:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wasn't a map issue.  I've talked to one of the folks involved and it was a Glock ultimatum that Gulf States said no to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea what the ultimatum was?

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to an Expo put on by Gulf States on June 22nd at the Prattville PD range and was able to talk directly with a rep from Gulf States. Apparently Glock did not want Gulf States to carry any new pistols other than Glock . Gulf States carries Sig, Smith, etc and I was told that the loss of sales from other manufacturers was not worth it over just one particular brand. Gulf States did not agree to Glock's demands and the relationship was terminated.

After the expo I did drive over to Gulf Sates to check out a few guns and they still have a good selection of Blue Label Glocks other than the model 34 MOS that I wanted. They had a 35 MOS in the case for $558 but I really don't want anymore 40 cal pistols.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know how I screwed up that up but some how my last post got mixed in with the above post. At an expo at Prattville PD on the 22nd of June, a rep from Gulf States told me that Glock wanted Gulf States to drop other competitors pistols from their showroom and only carry Glock pistols in order to keep the Blue Label status. I was told that Gulf States would not agree to drop Sig, Smith, etc just to carry Blue Label pistols. They will not get anymore but still have a decent selection of Glocks, just not the 34 MOS that I wanted.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#19]
That kinda goes along with what I heard. Rumor was with Prattville PD (and Montgomery along with others) switching to Sigs and Gulf States being in the LE business (more or less) and not wanting to just carry Glock, Glock said goodbye. Poor business practice (on Glock) if you ask me (but I am still a Glock fanboy)
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Just bought a Blue Label Glock from Van's Sporting Goods in Cullman if anyone is looking in the area.  Got a 17 because they did not have any 19s in.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't know how I screwed up that up but some how my last post got mixed in with the above post. At an expo at Prattville PD on the 22nd of June, a rep from Gulf States told me that Glock wanted Gulf States to drop other competitors pistols from their showroom and only carry Glock pistols in order to keep the Blue Label status. I was told that Gulf States would not agree to drop Sig, Smith, etc just to carry Blue Label pistols. They will not get anymore but still have a decent selection of Glocks, just not the 34 MOS that I wanted.
View Quote

To the couple that had asked me, what he said here is accurate to what I was told.  Seems pretty stupid on their part (Glock) but not my company.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top