Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2015 9:17:28 PM EDT
Does anyone know anywhere to shoot NFA items in the Phenix City area? (MGs, SBRs, Suppressors)
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I know the North AL area WMA ranges are good to go, (Skyline, Swan Creek, and Etowah Public Shooting Range)

Look here http://www.outdooralabama.com/alabama-shooting-ranges  Basically if it is listed as a Public or WMA range should be regulated by the state, their rules are any legally owned firearm may be used.

If it's a private range, you'll have to call and ask them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]
CMP range, possibly?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
East Alabama Gun Club is your best bet. Their "rules" page doesn't say anything about nfa stuff, so I think you'd be okay. Biggest downside is that you can't get a day pass, it's membership only. If you're active duty MIL/LEO you get a 20% discount. Other than that, I'd give Shooters of Columbus a call. If there's a range you can use, they'll know about it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
East Alabama Gun Club is your best bet. Their "rules" page doesn't say anything about nfa stuff, so I think you'd be okay. Biggest downside is that you can't get a day pass, it's membership only. If you're active duty MIL/LEO you get a 20% discount. Other than that, I'd give Shooters of Columbus a call. If there's a range you can use, they'll know about it.
View Quote

I'll second East AL Gun Club, I believe they have a member/s who hold an 07FFL.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:13:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I was at Shepard Branch a few years ago when some guys were shooting full auto at the end table.  Got to talking to them and found out they were cops from Georgia. They said they "had nothing like this" back home, so they drive over to shoot at that public range. Kind of far north (Ashland) for you to drive, but, like I said, I've seen some FA there.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:24:49 AM EDT
[#6]
You can shoot all NFA items at East AL Gun Club, except explosive.
It is a private club. We are accepting members. There is an active duty discount.

In the 2 x 100 yard rifle bays and 300 yard rifle bay you can't shoot full auto or pistols.

Pistol bays 1 & 3 have plate racks, and are pistol only.

In pistol bay's 2 & 4-13 you can shoot rifles and machine guns. Bay 6 is 40 yards deep and bay 11 is 50 yards.

Pistol bays 14-16 are for the cowboy SASS matches.

Suppressors are GTG on in all bays.

Our monthly 3GN, IDPA, USPSA, Steel, and SASS matches are open to the public. You can come shoot with us and get a feel for the range. You can also schedule a tour with the club owner/president.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Range in Tuskegee national forrest, $3 a day per person.

Loose Cannon in Autaugaville, $10 per. They do request to check your stamp/paperwork. If the neighbors complain about machine guns, the range wants to be certain your legit should the sheriff show up for nothing.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the membership to EAGC. You wont be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll jump in on the dogpile suggesting you join EAGC. Solid range, and always looking to improve for it's members.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top