Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2015 7:30:47 PM EDT
Hey guys! I've been looking on the EE and through CL around here, but have not come up with much. I'm looking to get into reloading and have settled on the Dillon 550B progressive system. I am looking for a decent price on one. Do you guys who reload have a go-to place to acquire your reloading needs? I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Simmons in Bessemer has the best assortment with Walter Craig in Montgomery coming in second.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Simmons in Bessemer has the best assortment with Walter Craig in Montgomery coming in second.
View Quote

How do they compare in price?
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Walter Craig is where you go to compare every model of gun and buy it at another shop.  Their prices on guns are plain nuts but the selection is second to none.

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Walter Craig is where you go to compare every model of gun and buy it at another shop.  Their prices on guns are plain nuts but the selection is second to none.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used to work for them when they were in Selma. How's the prices on reload presses?
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Last I heard Dillon does not have any dealers or resellers, traditionally all their products have always been sold direct only, web or call in.  Nice relatively new place in Cullman for powder and components:  Shooters Warehouse, (256)739-8211, no web site I am aware of.  This summer he had about 5X the selection of anybody else in this area, especially for powder.  In the last two years there have been primers and bullets available but the good powders have been scarce.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, the only other place that I've seen new presses was on Enos' sight. Thanks for the supplier info!
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Last I heard Dillon does not have any dealers or resellers, traditionally all their products have always been sold direct only, web or call in.  Nice relatively new place in Cullman for powder and components:  Shooters Warehouse, (256)739-8211, no web site I am aware of.  This summer he had about 5X the selection of anybody else in this area, especially for powder.  In the last two years there have been primers and bullets available but the good powders have been scarce.
View Quote

does Shooters Warehouse have Accurate 2200 available?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I was in Simmons last week to make reloading component purchase.  I like Simmons, spent a lot of money with them over the years.  They have lots of powder on the shelfs.  I found their powder prices to be anywhere from 25% to 33% higher than web.  I didn't expect them to be same or cheaper.  I would have purchased if within 10% to 15% plus tax just to support local business.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I know of a Dillon dealer in NC AL but since I think they are a bunch of fucktards, I won't say their name.

I don't know if they have full-up reloaders, but I know they have Dillon parts and dies since I stood there for a good 10 minutes while the fucktard talked shit with some old fart while I waited at the checkout counter doing diddly-squat while they talked.  Why the fuck I didn't walk right out is beyond me.  Except it was for a 45-70 die that I couldn't' find anywhere else (except online).  Still should have walked.  Fucktards.

I liked the place a whole lot better when ol' JD owned it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top