Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2015 7:40:01 AM EDT
Hey guys,
Does anyone know the mag capacity for deer hunting in Alabama? I've looked and cant find it again- I thought there was a difference between private and public land.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Five on public, none on private.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I would not bet on a game warden letting you go if you had a magazine larger than 5 rounds on private property.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is correct.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I downloaded the 2015-2016 Alabama regulations and the 'find function' didn't even find the word "magazine".  

Where does one read the magazine capacity limit is 5 rounds on public land?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I downloaded the 2015-2016 Alabama regulations and the 'find function' didn't even find the word "magazine".  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Search "cartridges"

in 220-2-.55.214ER Wildlife Management Areas, Community Hunting Areas, Public Hunting Areas, and Refuges of Alabama
g) To have in possession any fully automatic rifle or any firearms, ammunition or bow and arrow except as described below:
1. DEER: Stalk Hunts - Centerfire rifles that have been plugged or are otherwise incapable of holding more than 11 cartridges
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Search "cartridges"

in 220-2-.55.214ER Wildlife Management Areas, Community Hunting Areas, Public Hunting Areas, and Refuges of Alabama
g) To have in possession any fully automatic rifle or any firearms, ammunition or bow and arrow except as described below:
1. DEER: Stalk Hunts - Centerfire rifles that have been plugged or are otherwise incapable of holding more than 11 cartridges
View Quote

Thank you!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top