Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2015 12:56:47 PM EDT
I'm looking to find out more about the USPSA locally. Do any of you guys shoot in the association? I am not to far from Leeds or the CMP park. I am not sure of what steps to take, so any guidance would be great. Thanks for any info in advance!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
CMP has a monthly USPSA match, as does Brock's Gap off 150 in Hoover.

There's a range between Huntsville and Scottsboro that has a monthly match as well.

PM me if you want to know more.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 On Brocks Gap.
To start you just Need a good hand gun,9mm or larger.4 or 5 mags, and a good On the waistband holster and mag pouches.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1 On Brocks Gap.
To start you just Need a good hand gun,9mm or larger.4 or 5 mags, and a good On the waistband holster and mag pouches.
View Quote

I'm thinking Brock's Gap as well. It's not too far. Do you shoot there regularly?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a member.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am a member.
View Quote

Awesome. Do you also drive over to the CMP for their USPSA shoots? It looked like Brock's Gap shoots were different weekends from CMP range's. Maybe I'll swing by at a shoot soon. I have to have surgery in Sept. & Oct. but recovery shouldn't be to bad. Do you guys still shoot in the winter?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Awesome. Do you also drive over to the CMP for their USPSA shoots? It looked like Brock's Gap shoots were different weekends from CMP range's. Maybe I'll swing by at a shoot soon. I have to have surgery in Sept. & Oct. but recovery shouldn't be to bad. Do you guys still shoot in the winter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a member.

Yes.  I brought snow down in the back of the truck one Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a member.

Great! Any pointers for either of the ranges?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Just be safe, follow directions, and have fun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Birmingham:

Brocks Gap 1st Saturday
CMP (formerly Moss Branch) 3rd Saturday
Heritage Rifle & Pistol Club (Argo/Trussville) 4th Saturday

Huntsville and Shorter (Montgomery area) are a bit further drives but also monthly matches within striking range of Birmingham.

Steel Challenge at Brocks Gap is 3rd Sunday (and that is part of USPSA)

Info on all USPSA clubs in Alabama

Match Director Contacts
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Birmingham:

Brocks Gap 1st Saturday
CMP (formerly Moss Branch) 3rd Saturday
Heritage Rifle & Pistol Club (Argo/Trussville) 4th Saturday

Huntsville and Shorter (Montgomery area) are a bit further drives but also monthly matches within striking range of Birmingham.

Steel Challenge at Brocks Gap is 3rd Sunday (and that is part of USPSA)

Info on all USPSA clubs in Alabama

Match Director Contacts
View Quote

Thanks BB! I was also thinking of doing the IDPA shoot at Brock's Gap on the 2nd Saturday. Been trying to test the waters a bit. I did not know about the Heritage Club...thanks for the info!
JR
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:. I did not know about the Heritage Club...
View Quote

You might want to contact Peter Adams, the match director at Heritage to verify his format before you go.  Usually he runs USPSA "two gun" meaning 4 pistol and 2 rifle stages every match out there, it might change sometimes though.  

People who shoot pistol only are welcome and that gets scored as the pistol match, but if you have a suitable 3-gun rifle you get to participate in the full 6 stages.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You might want to contact Peter Adams, the match director at Heritage to verify his format before you go.  Usually he runs USPSA "two gun" meaning 4 pistol and 2 rifle stages every match out there, it might change sometimes though.  

People who shoot pistol only are welcome and that gets scored as the pistol match, but if you have a suitable 3-gun rifle you get to participate in the full 6 stages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:. I did not know about the Heritage Club...

Actually drove down today to see if I could find the place. I only live like 5-10 minutes from Springville, so I figured I'd try to locate it. Actually did find it on the first go...glad they had the sign up! Thanks for the info BB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top