Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 8:59:11 PM EDT
The City of Anniston has placed two police officers on administrative leave over allegations that the two belong to hate groups.

The Southern Poverty Law Center Wednesday posted on its Hatewatch blog an article alleging that Lt. Josh Doggrell and Lt. Wayne Brown had ties to the League of the South, an organization the SPLC termed as "neo-confederate."

The SPLC identifies the term as meaning groups that advocate "traditional gender roles, ... hostile towards democracy, strongly opposes homosexuality, and exhibits an understanding of race that favors segregation and suggests white supremacy."

In a statement this afternoon, the city announced the two were being placed on leave. Aziza Jackson, a spokeswoman for the city, said she did not know if the two were on paid or unpaid administrative leave.
View Quote

http://www.al.com/news/anniston-gadsden/index.ssf/2015/06/anniston_places_2_police_offic.html

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The City of Anniston has placed two police officers on administrative leave over allegations that the two belong to hate groups.

The Southern Poverty Law Center Wednesday posted on its Hatewatch blog an article alleging that Lt. Josh Doggrell and Lt. Wayne Brown had ties to the League of the South, an organization the SPLC termed as "neo-confederate."

The SPLC identifies the term as meaning groups that advocate "traditional gender roles, ... hostile towards democracy, strongly opposes homosexuality, and exhibits an understanding of race that favors segregation and suggests white supremacy."

In a statement this afternoon, the city announced the two were being placed on leave. Aziza Jackson, a spokeswoman for the city, said she did not know if the two were on paid or unpaid administrative leave.
View Quote

http://www.al.com/news/anniston-gadsden/index.ssf/2015/06/anniston_places_2_police_offic.html

View Quote

I have no idea what group these guys are in, but have no trouble believing the SPLC has it's own form of hate going on. I think Ben Carson is on one of their "lists".
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have no idea what group these guys are in, but have no trouble believing the SPLC has it's own form of hate going on. I think Ben Carson is on one of their "lists".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I think you are right.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SPLC promotes bigotry every day and claim to be tolerant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top