Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2015 6:40:13 PM EDT
Well I stopped by today to pick up some fairly priced 22LR and as I was standing at the register waiting to check out there was a gentleman whom I'm told was probably Larry sitting at the Pawn Desk and he was handed a rifle someone was looking to pawn or sell.  The customer told this gentleman that he wasn't sure if it was loaded or not and the rifle ended up pointed directly at my face.  He hadn't even cleared the firearm and cares so little for his customers that he'll point a possibly loaded firearm into the store where all the customers are standing.  When I asked him to not point it at my face I was told I could leave the store.  So on top of the incredibly dangerous handling of a firearm he got mad someone dared to point out they didn't want to be shot in the face and he kicked them out of the store.  If you decide you want to shop here just make sure you low crawl around to prevent possibly being shot by someone incapable of safely handling a firearm.

I decided to just cut and paste the review I've posted of this fine establishment.  I stopped by the West location and spoke with someone to confirm who had kicked me out of the previous store.  He seemed confident the guy who had the gun pointed at my head was Larry himself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
CSB
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#2]
O_o
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of rifle was it? Devils Advocate: Maybe the guy at the desk could tell it was clear or in unfireable condition, i.e.: bolt removed. If it was a semi-auto, mag inserted, bolt forward, safety off, I could understand a little worry.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What type of rifle was it? Devils Advocate: Maybe the guy at the desk could tell it was clear or in unfireable condition, i.e.: bolt removed. If it was a semi-auto, mag inserted, bolt forward, safety off, I could understand a little worry.
View Quote

I'm not 100% sure of the rifle type as I was too busy dodging the barrel at my face but I think it looked like a bolt action.  He moved the rifle away from being pointed at me fast enough to make me certain he had no clue whether it was loaded or not and there's plenty of videos on the internet of people being shot by empty weapons.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#5]
the barrel-in-the-face happens a lot up north here by a lot of dumb-assed Yankees. (mostly playing Rambo or Ninja.)

I can't tell you the many times I have run (not walked) away from gun stores, ranges, and the like.

Having seen what a high velocity bullet can do to a human face, I want no part of it.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Almost cost me my life...
View Quote

I'm no fan of being swept either but isn't that a little melodramatic?  
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't get swept.  His senile self had the barrel pointed at me for a solid bit of time and it only takes a second to get shot.  If he's that careless on a regular basis then he's putting many lives at risk too often and should retire and not handle any firearms that are above a bb.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Can't say I am EVER okay with looking at the crown of a barrel held by someone else.  Even if I cleared the gun and there is a chamber flag showing.

What is the first rule of firearm safety?

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I didn't get swept.  His senile self had the barrel pointed at me for a solid bit of time and it only takes a second to get shot.  If he's that careless on a regular basis then he's putting many lives at risk too often and should retire and not handle any firearms that are above a bb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't promptly move out of the line of the barrel to avoid potential injury in case of accident?  at least not for "a solid bit of time?"  If I see a barrel pointed in my direction I tend to move in short order...

I'm sorry, I'd be annoyed too if the circumstances were as described, but this sounds a little weird to me.  Perhaps you "had to be there".
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well I stopped by today to pick up some fairly priced 22LR and as I was standing at the register waiting to check out there was a gentleman whom I'm told was probably Larry sitting at the Pawn Desk and he was handed a rifle someone was looking to pawn or sell.  The customer told this gentleman that he wasn't sure if it was loaded or not and the rifle ended up pointed directly at my face.  He hadn't even cleared the firearm and cares so little for his customers that he'll point a possibly loaded firearm into the store where all the customers are standing.  When I asked him to not point it at my face I was told I could leave the store.  So on top of the incredibly dangerous handling of a firearm he got mad someone dared to point out they didn't want to be shot in the face and he kicked them out of the store.  If you decide you want to shop here just make sure you low crawl around to prevent possibly being shot by someone incapable of safely handling a firearm.

I decided to just cut and paste the review I've posted of this fine establishment.  I stopped by the West location and spoke with someone to confirm who had kicked me out of the previous store.  He seemed confident the guy who had the gun pointed at my head was Larry himself.
View Quote

Thanks for reporting the major safety violation.  Some people are just to cool to follow the rules.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You didn't promptly move out of the line of the barrel to avoid potential injury in case of accident?  at least not for "a solid bit of time?"  If I see a barrel pointed in my direction I tend to move in short order...

I'm sorry, I'd be annoyed too if the circumstances were as described, but this sounds a little weird to me.  Perhaps you "had to be there".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yes I moved out of the way.  He didn't swing the barrel around and muzzle me as it was passing through.  He had it leveled at my face and when I saw it I jumped out of the way.  Unlike the store owner I actually follow Rule 1.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Whether you moved or not is irrelevant for anyone to ask.

RULE #1 those that do not believe in that  Should not own nor operate any type of firearm if they are that much of an asshole to not care about anyone else. It's not one of those "I'll do what the hell i want" type things.  I don't really care if the guy has been in the gun industry 80 years or has some super power where he could close his eyes and automatically known if the gun was loaded or not. Be polite and point it down or away from others, even if you are just looking at it.

Without turning the story around and putting words in people's mouths / adding false information. "you asked him to not point it at your face and he said you could leave" That pretty much means "If you don't like me pointing a gun at your face then leave my store"

Imagine if he would of been sitting there and held the gun up to maybe see how it felt to him or just to look down the sights and while doing so it was aimed right at you who was looking around the store. You turn around and see a guy who you have no idea who they are pointing a gun in your face, you draw your weapon, shoot the guy and claim self defense because someone who you have no idea who they was had a gun held up pointing at you. Not saying it's something you would have done, but anything is possible.

My NEW account won't let me post everything in this post. see my next post for the rest of my statement.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#13]
It all falls back to the "I will do whatever the hell I want and don't care what you think" type attitude. It causes the person or someone else to either get hurt or killed. Then comes the family members "oh my son/husband/dad did something dumb he didn't deserve to die" or "My son/husband/dad was killed by this stupid person because they don't know what they are doing. Now I'm gonna go hunt down and kill all his family members so he knows the pain of losing someone" Then media pics up the stories then liberals are all over the case and it just turns into a huge mess for everyone.

A little courtesy and understanding can go a long way but in today's world not a lot of people care about anything but their selves and sure there is a lot of people that would say "Well it's his store, he can do what the hell he wants in it" and you can argue with them all day long about it. Also, I have no idea who you are, don't know you, probably never seen you in my life. So there is a chance you could be an asshole yourself and told the guy "Hey MF, don't point that thing at me or i'll kick your ass" and he asked you to leave. Just so much stuff to factor in that people don't know what went on in the situation so they jump straight to conclusions. At the end of the day, I MYSELF thank you for sharing this experience as it will go in to consideration when thinking of the next gun store I would like to do business with. And NO 1 bad review doesn't make everyone in the world hate a place. There will always be loyal customers to any store, but reviews are helpful to some people when making a decision on who they wish to buy from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top