Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2015 4:50:01 PM EDT
Does anyone know if Sheriff Sutton will sign an NFA form for an SBR?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't SB286 require them to?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't SB286 require them to?
View Quote

As far as I know there is no AL law requiring the Sheriff to sign NFA forms.

I think you are talking about the Conceal Carry law being changed to Shall Issue over May issue a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:30:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not know if he will or will not but why don't you give him a call and ask him.  The Coffee county sheriff department's number is (334) 894-5535. If they say no then call your state representative and tell him that your sheriff does not support the 2A and why. I have a feeling alabama will have a law on the books pretty soon because a few alabama sheriffs that refuse to sign. I know the tuscaloosa sheriff will still not sign, hopefully they will vote him out.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Alabama law has nothing at all to do with any of it.  If the police chief will not sign try the sheriff, if the sheriff will not sign, go the trust route for now and nobody has to sign, it is the smarter approach to NFA ownership anyway, even if ATF actually propagates their new trust  or corporation rule.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me know if you need a NFA trust. I'll do legal work for guns. I also work for ammo money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top