Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2015 3:59:40 AM EDT
Any help for this ARFcommer is appreciated.

1.  Any local recommendation on licensed/bonded Home Inspector, esp in upper Pelham/Helena area, that knows what he/she is doing and ethical in their dealing with client/customer.   Am looking at some properties to get my spouse and my toddler situated.

Edit - thanks Pew.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I am currently in a contract for a house off of Hwy 119 north of 280. I have a very good friend who is a PE and licensed home inspector who will come from Auburn to give the inspection a week from today. I don't think ethics and morals could be any higher and more pure than him. Granted, he is coming from Auburn, but he does come to the Birmingham area occasionally for work.

http://criterium-sollie.com/about-us is the website.

I'm also having a wall of EIFS inspected on Monday via Specialty Building Consultants out of Hoover. (Because Glenn is not EIFS licensed). I talked to Chuck, he answered first calls each time I called. Very nice guy to talk with via phone. He looked up my house via Google and gave me an estimate for the one wall he would have to inspect. EIFS has a bad wrap over the years, but when I spoke with him, he wasn't speaking one way or another to it. Said he would inspect, take video, pictures, etc and tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly if there is any. I felt good when getting of the phone with him and made the appointment....all that to say, I can provide you an assessment of his inspection after Monday.  

http://www.specialtybuilding.net
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Pew.   Appreciate your input.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am currently in a contract for a house off of Hwy 119 north of 280. I have a very good friend who is a PE and licensed home inspector who will come from Auburn to give the inspection a week from today. I don't think ethics and morals could be any higher and more pure than him. Granted, he is coming from Auburn, but he does come to the Birmingham area occasionally for work.

http://criterium-sollie.com/about-us is the website.

I'm also having a wall of EIFS inspected on Monday via Specialty Building Consultants out of Hoover. (Because Glenn is not EIFS licensed). I talked to Chuck, he answered first calls each time I called. Very nice guy to talk with via phone. He looked up my house via Google and gave me an estimate for the one wall he would have to inspect. EIFS has a bad wrap over the years, but when I spoke with him, he wasn't speaking one way or another to it. Said he would inspect, take video, pictures, etc and tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly if there is any. I felt good when getting of the phone with him and made the appointment....all that to say, I can provide you an assessment of his inspection after Monday.  

http://www.specialtybuilding.net
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the lengthy delay. Both of the inspections came back great. Each inspector spend roughly 2.5 hours on the house at the site. The home is about 2500 sq.ft. Both inspectors emailed me the inspection report within 2 days. Both are down-to-earth guys and told me what was good on the house, what needed corrected, and gave me a personal opinion, kinda "off the record" like. All to say, I would hire them again if I need to. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top