Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2015 8:05:24 PM EDT
Hello I've asked this in other state forums and received some good advice. .  We have a week planned down there any good things to see and any good places to eat ?
Also any areas to stay away from ?
Thanks in advance  Ed
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want to inshore or do some close offshore fishing on a charter you can go to Zeke's Marina. They also have a restaurant that I like to eat at.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Doc's, the original hole in the wall one. Tin Top on CR 10. The Crab Trap just across the AL/FL line. The Original Oyster House. Gulf Island Grill, it's never busy(I don't know why). Duck's Diner for breakfast.

We go out for lunch. Less money, less wait, and evenings on the beach are awesome.

As far as places to avoid, if you mean dangerous places, that's not a concern down there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I forgot to ask about gun shops ? Any shops that are a must visit ?    I was in Tuscaloosa years ago to get a lift kit for a 4wd truck thats the only time I've been in your state.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
None that I'm aware of.

Just out of curiosity, what other advice have you received from other forums?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want to inshore or do some close offshore fishing on a charter you can go to Zeke's Marina. They also have a restaurant that I like to eat at.
View Quote

Thats on my daughters list Thanks
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
None that I'm aware of.

View Quote

When we started out prairie dog hunting in South dakota the guys were helpful on the rules and what towns to stay away from . We took the kids to Mall of America ( Not my choice ) we had some good feedback on restaurants and motels . Stuff like that its nice to get opinions on places before you get there.  Hell if your coming up here some time let me know .  We have stores all over Mi I can usually find out something for you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When we started out prairie dog hunting in South dakota the guys were helpful on the rules and what towns to stay away from . We took the kids to Mall of America ( Not my choice ) we had some good feedback on restaurants and motels . Stuff like that its nice to get opinions on places before you get there.  Hell if your coming up here some time let me know .  We have stores all over Mi I can usually find out something for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None that I'm aware of.

Oh, ok. I thought you had asked about OB/GS in other forums.

I feel you will be pleasantly surprised when you get down there. It truly is family friendly and a gorgeous area. Where are you staying?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I feel you will be pleasantly surprised when you get down there. It truly is family friendly and a gorgeous area. Where are you staying?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
None that I'm aware of.

The wife rented a place on the beach near the state park . I guess its near the bike trails and state park  ?  I just check 3/4 of a mile from Gulf State Park.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Almost all of the condos on the beach are GTG.  The only iffy one is Sugar Beach Condominiums. Some of those have been remodeled and some haven't.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
When will you be down here?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Next week
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which boat are you going out on? Angler Management, Clay Blankenship, really put us on some good reds last time we were out. I'm hoping to end up having him next time we go down this summer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Ohh cool. I'll be out of town for a few days, but will hopefully be back here later in the week. I work at the Gulf Restaurant, and it's probably the most kid friendly place around here. Naval Aviation museum isn't far from here. As for fishing, the cobia are running right now, but I'm not sure how many charters are offering trips for them. Fisher's, Fisherman's Corner, and Shipp's Harbor Grill are some more great food choices. J&M and Sam's Bait and Tackle (both on Canal) have an abundance of awesome fisherman stuff and clothing. If you like sushi, Master Joe's just opened next to Sam's and has some good rolls.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Which boat are you going out on? Angler Management, Clay Blankenship, really put us on some good reds last time we were out. I'm hoping to end up having him next time we go down this summer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to talk to them yet hopefully they have some openings . I'm not much for fishing but the wife and daughter love it. The father in law had a nice Carver that we used for salmon fishing but he sold it. You get spoiled on the big boats.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Big +1
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#16]
How's the vacation?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Go to Sea and Suds on Friday nights for all you can eat mullet. There is the Naval Aviation museum in Pensacola; it's free and one of the best museums I've been to. Go early on a Tuesday or Wednesday and you can see the Blue Angels.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My wife's stepdad actually works for them but unless yall do a dolphin cruise he won't be your captain.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#19]
We had a wonderful time guys thanks for all the help . A friend of the wifes son had baseball camp down there so we moved up our stay. We arived on friday and drove out yesterday.
The only restaurant we dined in was Francisco's (?) Italian loacated in the mall by Walmart. We order crabs shrimp tuna you name it from a take out place on the strip across from our place. Their name starts with an L they have all the bright neon lights ? We did make it over to the Wharf to shop and have drinks at Toby Kieths . We also hit the dolphin tour there the kids loved it.
I wanted to do more maybe meet up with some of you guys but I couldnt get the kids off the beach. The wife and I been trying to get in shape walking in the morning and doing some swimming.  The fresh air and heat knocked us out early.
We are planing to come down next year just the wife and I or maybe our couple friends . We really like the area and want to visit in the off season not during spring break .
Ed
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Easy_E, if you are wanting to get some good inshore fishing for reds come down when the water is getting cold.  We went out in the first week of December a few years back and caught our limit and started to cull out the smaller fish about an hour and a half into our 4 hour charter.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Glad you had a great stay! If you want to miss the crowds, go in September. I love it then! No crowds and still warm enough to enjoy the water and beach.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top