Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2015 7:20:27 PM EDT
Thread title kinda asks it all but for more detail, my wife could live on pastas.  Olive Garden is fine but would rather a more authentic place with a nice ambience.  If reservations are required that is fine because I'm trying to plan it around an overnight trip to get her away for a few days of relaxation since she has been putting in 100+ hours a week at work.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Not Huntsville, but the Cork & Crust in Madison on County Line Rd is great.

They make their own pasta on site from imported Italian flour. They also have awsome pizzas. My wife and I love it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
my fav was Tony's little italy but he closed them all down. there is Terrinovas on 72 going toward madison.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#3]
dont forget to stop by the new Larrys pistol and pawn on I565 near the harley davidson store.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

dont forget to stop by the new Larrys pistol and pawn on I565 near the harley davidson store.
View Quote
Probably will so I can kill time while she finishes some of the other stuff I have in mind for her.  Thought about trying to find a good barbershop that does a straight razor shave while there just to try it too.  Figure I'll have 4-6 hours to kill.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Probably will so I can kill time while she finishes some of the other stuff I have in mind for her.  Thought about trying to find a good barbershop that does a straight razor shave while there just to try it too.  Figure I'll have 4-6 hours to kill.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check out Rooster's in Providence Place (Huntsville) for a straight shave.  You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Nick's Ristorante on Bailey Cove Rd. is by far the best Italian place in town.  Pricey, but very good and you'll get full.

http://www.nicksristorante.com/
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Check out Rooster's in Providence Place (Huntsville) for a straight shave.  You won't regret it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

my fav was Tony's little italy but he closed them all down. there is Terrinovas on 72 going toward madison.
View Quote

Results of the divorce.  They used to live in the same subdivision that I used to live in Madison.

Their place in Providence was our best place to eat for Italian for years.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#9]
My vote would be for Nick's as well.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nick's Ristorante on Bailey Cove Rd. is by far the best Italian place in town.  Pricey, but very good and you'll get full.

http://www.nicksristorante.com/
View Quote

This, but bring your wallet
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My vote would be for Nick's as well.
View Quote
So far this is winning.  Reservations needed or just show up?

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I've never needed a reservation.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#13]
You shouldn't need a reservation unless it's a holiday like Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, V-Day, etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You shouldn't need a reservation unless it's a holiday like Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, V-Day, etc.
View Quote
Good deal.  Might anyway just so I feel special

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I know nothing about Huntsville but if you ever get to Orlando https://www.christinis.com/ this place is off the charts good.

I will go back.
View Quote

You finished up your Gadsden trip yet?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#18]
The Boot.  South Huntsville on the east side of the parkway.  Real Dagos own/operate this place.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The Boot.  South Huntsville on the east side of the parkway.  Real Dagos own/operate this place.
View Quote

That place is terrible. The original Italian restaurant that was there before it turned into a Mexican restaurant and then The Boot was much better.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Some friends told me of a new Italian restaurant at Bridge Street Towne Centre, I haven't eaten there yet but they said it was good.

http://www.bridgestreethuntsville.com/store/bravo-cucina-italiana/2137041265/2138846948

We have been to Nick's Ristorante several times. Very nice place to go with the Wife, very impressive.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their pizza is good, not as good as Big Ed's but still a nice meal. However, every time I go to Boot service is noticeably slow.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some friends told me of a new Italian restaurant at Bridge Street Towne Centre, I haven't eaten there yet but they said it was good.

http://www.bridgestreethuntsville.com/store/bravo-cucina-italiana/2137041265/2138846948

We have been to Nick's Ristorante several times. Very nice place to go with the Wife, very impressive.
View Quote

I don't think it's open yet.  Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've been open since January 29.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.  I always come into Bridgestreet from the research park side by Belk and just never noticed it was done.  I used to drink at Bar Louie a bunch.  I live on the south side of town now, so Drake's is my watering hole.  HAHA
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Who knew you had to make an appointment at a barbershop?   Oh well decided to give Roosters a try while waiting for my wife to finish her spa day.  I get to get my throat cut at 3.  If I live I'll come back and give a thumbs up or down on it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Who knew you had to make an appointment at a barbershop?   Oh well decided to give Roosters a try while waiting for my wife to finish her spa day.  I get to get my throat cut at 3.  If I live I'll come back and give a thumbs up or down on it.
View Quote
Roosters is awesome.  Well worth the price IMO.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:27:49 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I went to the one at Providence.  Also didn't realize I needed to specifically request a straight razor.  However the cut was great and the shave even if with a disposable was still very enjoyable and relaxing.  And as for the original purpose of the thread,  Nick's didn't disappoint either.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I've used the one in Providence several times as a splurge before a big event. It was a very nice shave and a haircut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top