Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Still need a map.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I'm afraid that I can't get one.  

You guys might ask the guard at the guard shack where the Honeysuckle Pavilion is.  Usually they will pull out a map of the park and draw in marker where you need to go on the map.

I picked up a white posterboard tonight at Publix.  I'll draw a big ARFCOM on it and set it outside the pavilion.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live near Oak Mountian, so unless otherwise handled, I can get the ice. I dont have enough cooler space for 12 bags though, so ifn yall would bring some coolers, that would be swell
View Quote

Awesome man, thanks!!  I'll bring a ton of coolers all shapes and sizes.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry guys, the park is closed tomorrow. We'll have to have the get together at RedDane's house.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, the park is closed tomorrow. We'll have to have the get together at RedDane's house.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a bad idea.

I think we can fit ~28 people here.  Parking will be a nightmare thou..
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
you  guys have fun. i am working dammit.
View Quote

Sorry dude.  It won't be the same without you guys.  Maybe we can find a reason to get everyone together one more time by year end.  

Christmas?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#9]
headed that way... I need a map on which parts of the mud bug is edible..

ETA: Had a good time guys and gals... looking forward to the next time..
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#10]
It was great to meet everyone.  Thanks to everyone who came out!   We had a good time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow that was awesome. Great dudes, and great food.

Sorry I had to bail early, but I'm all in on the next one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Enjoyed it!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, I had to bail early as well, had to go meet a realtor in Calera. Had a good time, need to do it again. Somebody mentioned doing it at the CMP shooting facility
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a great time as well and it was good to meet you guys and gals! I definitely hope we can make it happen again soon.

Cheers to RedDane for organizing this shindig, and everybody for pitching in!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a great time. Glad to meet y'all and put a face with the username. Maybe the next time my better half will be able to make it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I enjoyed it... will know how to eat a mud bug next time... promise
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:14:31 AM EDT
[#19]
It was a good time, it was like chilling in GD with actual people.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Lots of fun guys. Great to meet yall

Big props to RedDane for setting it all up!
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe we should try to have our next meet up at a more gun friendly place and perhaps end it by blowing something up with Tannerite.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Maybe we should try to have our next meet up at a more gun friendly place and perhaps end it by blowing something up with Tannerite.
View Quote

We'll have to figure something out for next time. Eventually we could set up a southeast regional event if we could get a venue and something enticing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We'll have to figure something out for next time. Eventually we could set up a southeast regional event if we could get a venue and something enticing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't been to the new CMP range, but it would be worth checking out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be badass.

Next time let's bring propane cookers and do it ourselves, too?? after dealing with those crawfish people I'd prefer not to do business with them again.  What a mess.  If we do it ourselves..  no line, no real wait.

What do you guys think of a two day event perhaps?  Everyone arrives the first day, camps out overnight, organized breakfast the next morning - Crawfish boil at lunch the next day with shooting and fun events on both sides of it.  Sorta like cola-warrior but without it being a rip-off of the event.  If it got big enough with arfcommers we could put together a non-profit (liability concerns) and charge just enough to cover the cost of the food and the facility.  

Just some thoughts?  I'm excited about the possibilities!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Long story short, I have a possible lead on being able to speak with the CMP owners. We'd have to decide on the logistics of the event before going to speak with them and roughly how many people will be in attendance.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#26]

What do you guys think of a two day event perhaps?  Everyone arrives the first day, camps out overnight, organized breakfast the next morning - Crawfish boil at lunch the next day with shooting and fun events on both sides of it.  Sorta like cola-warrior but without it being a rip-off of the event.  If it got big enough with arfcommers we could put together a non-profit (liability concerns) and charge just enough to cover the cost of the food and the facility.  

View Quote

Double Tap is just south of Oak Mountain and has sleeping quarters.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Long story short, I have a possible lead on being able to speak with the CMP owners. We'd have to decide on the logistics of the event before going to speak with them and roughly how many people will be in attendance.
View Quote

Badass.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Cool
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's a gorgeous facility.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top