Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2015 1:05:03 PM EDT
I need to ask a couple of question about the Birmingham area and knew fellow Alabama arfcommers would be the go to guys.

I'm going to be traveling to Hoover Stadium with the Hot Rod Power Tour this June.

I have hotel reservations at a Sleep Inn in Pelham at 200 Southgate Dr.

How is the stadium to get into/out of as far as traffic.

Is Pelham a decent neighborhood to stay in?

Any good eating establishments nearby?

Does Alabama recognize IL  CC?

Thanks for any comments and advice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need to ask a couple of question about the Birmingham area and knew fellow Alabama arfcommers would be the go to guys.

I'm going to be traveling to Hoover Stadium with the Hot Rod Power Tour this June.

I have hotel reservations at a Sleep Inn in Pelham at 200 Southgate Dr.

How is the stadium to get into/out of as far as traffic.

Is Pelham a decent neighborhood to stay in?

Any good eating establishments nearby?

Does Alabama recognize IL  CC?

Thanks for any comments and advice.
View Quote

Pelham is good to go. That location is good to go. It is on restaurant row. Jim & Nicks BBQ in Hoover is probably 8 minutes away in Hoover and is on the way to the stadium. You have 4 lane all in that area. Traffic is usually good unless there is a wreck or construction. I don't remember any huge construction projects. The interstate construction stuff pops up sometimes. Overall you are in a good zone. Not sure about the reciprocity of the CCW. The cops there are pigs. Bring them an XL t-shirt.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The stadium is not far from I-459, less than a mile before you make the turn.  It is 2 lane off of Highway 150 until you get to the stadium and it opens up.

Pelham is a good area.

Lots of BBQ restaurants and other good chain and non-chain restaurants in the area.  Two restaurants in that general vicinity are owned by a big competition shooter and has signs posted encouraging carrying, 2A, etc.  I remember one is Mudtown, don't remember the name of the other.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Alabama and Illinois do not have a reciprocal agreement to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah I checked and Alabama will recognize IL CC, but IL doesn't recognize any other state's CC law.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah I checked and Alabama will recognize IL CC, but IL doesn't recognize any other state's CC law.

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Basically, Alabama changed it's law to recognize any other State Concealed License.  But the reverse is not true. I.E. An Alabama License is not valid in Illinois. Which isn't a problem for me as I have no reason to go there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Since you are going to be with the Power Tour you may be interested in a visit to the Barber Motorsports Park and Museum while you are in town.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys for the information!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#9]
As it gets closer check back in. Right now there is re-surfacing on Hwy 150 between the interstate and Stadium Parkway. Re-surfacing as in grinding up layers of asphalt and laying down new. It is not anything I would want to drive my Daytona Superbird over. I will update you as to where they are with it. Right now, you could still access the stadium by approaching from the opposite direction.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As it gets closer check back in. Right now there is re-surfacing on Hwy 150 between the interstate and Stadium Parkway. Re-surfacing as in grinding up layers of asphalt and laying down new. It is not anything I would want to drive my Daytona Superbird over. I will update you as to where they are with it. Right now, you could still access the stadium by approaching from the opposite direction.
View Quote

Thanks Sabre, I'll check back indeed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for the double post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top