Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2015 11:25:35 AM EDT
Someone suggested this place to me, seems to be very reasonable priced.
Anyone here had experience training with them, your thoughts!

Lighthorse Link
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind I just saw a thread below about it, although if you want to post what you thought of it here for my info.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good folks and great training. Well worth the dollars and time.
View Quote

This.  You will not be sorry.  

Thanks for the reminder, I need to pay them a visit soon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are all right about the value, I built an AR for my son-in-law and I want to get him to do some training with me. They are real handy for me as I just work down the road from them . I was told they hold the classes at double tap, is there a part that is 725 yards long because I didn't see it . Do they hold the classes for tactical precision rifle somewhere else? I'm interested in that class , just saw it offered and wondered.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
If I am remembering correctly from the last time I talked with one of the guys at Double Tapp, they have up to 2000 yards available on a piece of property just a few minutes away from their pistol ranges.  Both groups of folks are good to go though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. Took my first class last month. Need to sign up for some more.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Enjoy the paw.

ETA: It's a good thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Enjoy the paw.

ETA: It's a good thing.
View Quote

Curt is good people.  One of the better decisions I've made was to give them a try.  Hope you're doing well Crux.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:02:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:24:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys. Kind words are appreciated.

BoB, we do the TPR101 Class at Brock's Gap in Hoover. We also do our GUNS4 (Carbines at Distance) there also. The DTTG primary bays won't support the distances required. DTTG has some access to other land, but we haven't been there yet. Yet. DTTG is putting in an additional bay, by the way. The new bay will expand their capabilities. Come on when you can. We are going to be there for 4 days in April, 1-4 running three different classes. We will be there this Saturday (21March) doing Intermediate Carbine.

The PAW has gone fancy, with it's patent-pending self. Meow.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Never mind I just saw a thread below about it, although if you want to post what you thought of it here for my info.
View Quote

Did you see the links to my reviews in the other thread? If not, I can post up the links.

I can't say enough good things about LHT. I've taken almost every class they offer and I have learned a ton from them. I feel very fortunate to have found them early on when I just learning the ropes of "practical/tactical" shooting, I feel like it really allowed me to build some solid fundamentals and gain skills quickly.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Solid crew. You will learn, and learn a lot. I've had 5 classes from them, and ready for more!
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks All, they came highly recommended and I want my son-in-law to become well versed with the AR platform. I find it hard to teach my own, bought my wife a bodyguard and took her to shoot it. I moved her left hand from behind the slide three times, turned my back and she fired again and the slide bit her left thumb. Well she learned to not put her hand behind the slide but not by me. Yep learned that all on her own.

Yes of course she blamed me!
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks All, they came highly recommended and I want my son-in-law to become well versed with the AR platform. I find it hard to teach my own, bought my wife a bodyguard and took her to shoot it. I moved her left hand from behind the slide three times, turned my back and she fired again and the slide bit her left thumb. Well she learned to not put her hand behind the slide but not by me. Yep learned that all on her own.

Yes of course she blamed me!
View Quote

There are a lot of husband/wife teams that take classes with LHT.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#17]
It's pretty common for shooters to send their family members to training instead of the shooter teaching them. When we ran a LHT family class, all of the IG's avoided coaching our own spouses.

We like family folks to attend. It is an humbling honor when a father brings us his son, daughter, wife, etc. and says: "train my loved ones".

We have family of 5 signed up for our medical class in May.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't have a problem with paying someone else to teach my wife to handle the S&W Bodyguard I bought her. I think I did a great job picking just the right firearm for her. Fits her hand, not bad recoil, fairly accurate and lethal enough to protect her. I will feel better when she is proficient with it and can handle it safely.

I built an AR for my son-in-law and one for my daughter, they hunt and can handle firearms. I do want to get him in some classes so that he can learn some tactical stuff and how to really handle it.

See y'all there before long , need to gather some ammo for that and arrange time off and such.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Light Horse Tactical:  Great people.  Great Education and information.  Great training facility.  Great value.  Every one of the about ten classes I have taken with them has been fantastic.  Give them a try, and you will be coming back for more.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#21]
FWIW, I've heard nothing but good things about them.  They are on my list to train with before long.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I just finished Home Defense 1.5 this past weekend and I can say that Lighthorse Tactical is top tier training. The amount of information that was supplied to those of us in the class was massive and the scenarios they ran us through put us in situation that placed us under stress levels not reached in any other way except being in a violent confrontation.

This was my second class with Lighthorse and will not be my last.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top