Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
My boy has to carry his own crap now.  

Just got this for $20 after coupon code.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Hell yea man! How old is he?

My pup got her backpack too, so she can hump her own food/water.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's 5, he's so excited.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
has more shit in it than it needs.
View Quote
best description of you I've ever read.  Alex was over this morning. We made a pot of coffee and put our fifty combined years of military toward some entertainment for you children.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

best description of you I've ever read.  Alex was over this morning. We made a pot of coffee and put our fifty combined years of military toward some entertainment for you children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

has more shit in it than it needs.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Won't be too bad - I'll most likely go up a couple of days ahead and set up an orienteering course. One for Friday night, one for Sat. Then after y'all run it, again in two/three teams, each team will set up their own course for the other team to run. Since they are familiar with the area make those who attended last time team leaders. Will extend this one out a lot more though. Alex and I will come in early again Fri, do a set up check again, and wait for y'all. Will see if I can set up  lunch Sat. Due to a commitment I'll have to leave by 2 or so Sat.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Won't be too bad - I'll most likely go up a couple of days ahead and set up an orienteering course. One for Friday night, one for Sat. Then after y'all run it, again in two/three teams, each team will set up their own course for the other team to run. Since they are familiar with the area make those who attended last time team leaders. Will extend this one out a lot more though. Alex and I will come in early again Fri, do a set up check again, and wait for y'all. Will see if I can set up  lunch Sat. Due to a commitment I'll have to leave by 2 or so Sat.
View Quote

Really glad to hear you and Alex are going to make it

Sounds like Nav Course setup is covered now so that will save me a lot of work. Guess that will leave me more time for setting traps for the other attendees

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those reservations at the nut house finally came through?  

Yall have fun.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yall have fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yall have fun.

Yeah, they let me out of the assisted living center on weekends and some holidays
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is what I'll be bringing with me. The big green Coleman tent has now been replaced with a Eureka Solitare.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Here is what I'll be bringing with me. The big green Coleman tent has now been replaced with a Eureka Solitare.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/Saxplayer1911/IMG_1420_zpsdwvamwrl.jpg
View Quote
Looks sharp man! I can't wait to see it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Ok guys, looks like everyone is planning on driving themselves to the Campout this year. correct? Just making sure so we can skip the carpool directions step.

Also, we want to know what day/time everyone is planning to arrive so we know when to run the events ect.

I think saxplayer and Flysc are the only ones who need the location info so I'll IM them tonight. If anyone else needs it LMK.

5 slots left

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/Saxplayer1911/IMG_1420_zpsdwvamwrl.jpg

Its not bad for a $50 pack from Walmart.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:24:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ok guys, looks like everyone is planning on driving themselves to the Campout this year. correct? Just making sure so we can skip the carpool directions step.

Also, we want to know what day/time everyone is planning to arrive so we know when to run the events ect.

I think saxplayer and Flysc are the only ones who need the location info so I'll IM them tonight. If anyone else needs it LMK.

5 slots left

View Quote

I'm going to be there Friday. I get out of class at 2 and have to drive up from Montevallo. I figure I'll be up there around 5 or so.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

5 slots left

View Quote

I'll be headed that way around 3pm
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, Y'all have fun. I'm out. Start a new job on Wed. Will be training Thur & Fri. Be at work on Sat. Knew it was coming but wasn't sure when. Need any of my stuff you're welcome to it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, Y'all have fun. I'm out. Start a new job on Wed. Will be training Thur & Fri. Be at work on Sat. Knew it was coming but wasn't sure when. Need any of my stuff you're welcome to it.
View Quote

Well shit.  

I guess if your offering your stuff I'll take your kayaks and any ammo you may have
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well shit.  

I guess if your offering your stuff I'll take your kayaks and any ammo you may have
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well shit.  

That's not polite.  He hasn't kicked the bucket....yet.  

We'll certainly miss you axl, hate you won't make it.  

Although I'll sleep with one eye open just in case this is some kinda training exercise where you surprise us hammock rotisseries in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Make sure you guys bring your pace beads, a compass, and a 1:24 protractor or ruler if you have them.

I'm bringing extras as well.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I haven't had to cover extra production in a month.  They spring it on us the weekend of this event. Figures.   Maybe next go round.  Y'all have fun and stay safe (even though is it is hard to stay safe and have fun simultaneously)
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#21]
FYI, saw my first snake of the year today so they will probably be out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sweet.

Free food.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sweet.  

Free food.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet.  

Free food.

Everybody gets tired of eating dog meal after meal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Dinner on the first night is served.

Anyone not have experience cleaning small game? Well you will now.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Have fun guys - I wish I could make it.

Looks like I'm going to be cutting lawn instead.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dinner on the first night is served.

Anyone not have experience cleaning small game? Well you will now.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-VKSkWVZFMQw/VScJ3prMZOI/AAAAAAAAQ2w/x6M-pFEMbmQ/s720/image1.JPG

View Quote

Awesome! Im bringing a lightweight grill section like last year that you can cook it on.

I'm planning on making hobo stew night one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Games are running late guys not going to make it.  It would be his bed time by the time we got there, hate we missed it.

I hope you are having fun, we were looking forward to it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, this year's camp out was great.

We ended up with four adults, one teenager and two doggies.

We had a fantastic time.

Night one, we cleaned one rabbit and cooked it whole.

Day two, we had the second rabbit cut into small pieces and grilled for breakfast and went on a hike to see some of the other falls and camping areas.

When we got back, we took a nap and started learning about knot tying, land navigation and comparing gear and all around having a great time.

All in all, this was a great success.

*HUGE THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR - TS ARMS in Pelham*

Tim hooked us up with some awesome swag.

For those of you that don't know, TS Arms just opened a new location and it rocks. Go check them out.

Pics are uploading now. I'm taking a nap.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Games are running late guys not going to make it.  It would be his bed time by the time we got there, hate we missed it.

I hope you are having fun, we were looking forward to it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
We missed you man!

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#31]
That looks like a fun time!  very cool.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's some of the pics I took this weekend.
If you haven't attended one of these trips you need to. Lots of good information and knowledge between all the guys.
Also, thanks again to Tim at TS Arms for the swag. I'm going to head down to Shelby County and check y'all out one day soon.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Was a good time. The snakes and ticks were out. Weather was perfect.

Pics:
Working on fire skills with bcauz3y's boy

Dinner Prep

Dinner Cooking. Rabbit and Hobo Stew.

Copperhead a dog killed right before we walked up.

Creek crossing over the fallen tree.

Exploring along the creek

My room for the weekend

Rope Work

Taking my pup across the creek

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#34]
great pics looks like a good time
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Holyfuckshit.

I look like a giant at that angle.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn, looks like a missed a hell of a good time.

Stupid weddings...
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Damn, looks like a missed a hell of a good time.

Stupid weddings...
View Quote

Gayyyyy.

I missed it too.  

Looks like it went well, hate we missed it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top