Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 8:02:40 PM EDT
I have been looking at the hotels near it but I noticed several of the reviews said it was in a bad neighborhood.
is the space center also in a bad place?

is there a better place to stay near by?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what your budget is but the Westin and Embassy Suites are nice:

The Westin Huntsville
6800 Governors West Road Northwest, Huntsville, AL 35806
(256) 428-2000

Embassy Suites Huntsville
800 Monroe Street Southwest, Huntsville, AL 35801
(256) 539-7373
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The surrounding neighborhoods are a bit run-down and there is nothing to do within walking distance except the botanical garden.  I would stay downtown somewhere, lots of places for eating, beer, and kiddy fun.  It's around a 10-15 minute drive to downtown.  That will also have you driving within a mile of Larry's Pistol and Pawn where you can fondle nearly any gun you can imagine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The Huntsville Marriot is within walking distance. I’ve never heard of anything bad about the Marriot. There are several upscale places to stay within 5 - 10 minutes drive to the Space and Rocket Center. The Embassy Suites close to Memorial Parkway (Highway 231) or The Westin. The Embassy will put you near downtown Huntsville. The Westin is next door to an outdoor mall, Bridge Street Town Center, and good restaurants.

Not fast enough on keyboard . . .
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Visit Larry's to look at guns
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the tips.
I will look up those places as well as some nearer downtown.

I would go to the gun shop, but it is like going to see strippers. nice to look at but you can't take one home.
just depressing after you leave.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
anything on the hilton near by?
it seems to be the only one with 2 queens. the rest are doubles.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#8]
For what you would pay at any other decent hotel in town, you can stay at the Embassy Suites.  There is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse inside the hotel.  My Company CEO treated us all to a Ruth's Chris dinner and free booze.  I got hammered and reserved a room.  It was only $119 plus tax.  Not too bad IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top