Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 11:34:13 AM EDT
a couple tables?

My health problems continue and I'm thinking of selling off a bunch of stuff to generate some cash.Would Huntsville be a good prospect?
               Thanks.........

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/images/Banners/CASC-AL/CASC%20Huntsville%20Jan%2031-Feb%201%202015.gif
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag...haven't been to one up here, so I'm curious to hear feedback on them myself.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to aVBC gun show a few months ago. The first one they'd hosted after a 20-year hiatus, in fact. It was decent, but nothing spectacular. They didn't allow any ammo to be sold, though, due to the guy shooting himself in the middle of the show 20 years ago. What type of stuff are you trying to sell?

I'm off that weekend, and the Friday before is payday, so I may go check it out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've not been to one at the VBCC either...but I'll be there.  Hoping it's successful so it'll become a regular event.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to aVBC gun show a few months ago. The first one they'd hosted after a 20-year hiatus, in fact. It was decent, but nothing spectacular. They didn't allow any ammo to be sold, though, due to the guy shooting himself in the middle of the show 20 years ago. What type of stuff are you trying to sell?

I'm off that weekend, and the Friday before is payday, so I may go check it out.
View Quote

if I do go I'll have some handguns,rifles,reloading stuff---dies,press or 3,maybe primers and powder,brass,bullets-----ton of related stuff.
Nothing I have is rare,exotic or collectible......but hopefully it is desirable.......
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nothing I have is rare,exotic or collectible......but hopefully it is desirable.......
View Quote

It's all about the price. If you fire-sale your stuff, it'll all sell.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Post up what you have. If you need cash, I'm sure some of us here can help out without you having to go through the trouble/expense of setting up at the show.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to the one at the VBCC before x-mas, it was one of the better shows I've been to in the last few years.  Nothing spectacular, but I've been to some really crappy ones.  Excellent variety and prices were not completely outrageous.  There were a lot of people and huntsvillians generally have money, so reasonably priced things are a sure sell I would think.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Post up what you have. If you need cash, I'm sure some of us here can help out without you having to go through the trouble/expense of setting up at the show.
View Quote

THIS.... I am always looking for reloading stuff
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Careful in this forum, any FS post will probably be nuked or relocated to the EE. A generic listing of items without prices should pass muster, then take it to IM / Email for any deal-making.

When I get back from SHOT I'll waltz on over to see what you have left, since I'm about 15 minutes away from you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies,gentlemen.

If anyone cares to send me an email   I'll keep you informed of my progress (or lack thereof).
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#11]

I heard from the vendors at the previous show that the VBCC one would be much bigger and better selection, but I've never been there, I will definitely go to this one though.  Kind of disappointing to see that no ammo will be sold though.

DanaHillen, I sent an email to see what you're looking to unload.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I heard from the vendors at the previous show that the VBCC one would be much bigger and better selection, but I've never been there, I will definitely go to this one though.  Kind of disappointing to see that no ammo will be sold though.

DanaHillen, I sent an email to see what you're looking to unload.
View Quote

I moved down to the area from the Nashville area last year, and, one thing you could count on at Nashville area gun shows was the availability of ammo. (Except decently-priced .22, of course.) It was a good way to pick up stuff cheaper than what Wal-Mart charged, without having to pay shipping charges.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Crazy that they won't allow ammo sales!  Do they allow reloading components?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
I went to the re-opening of the show at the VBC too. It was awesome how big it was compared to the one at the NSS (former Shriners) building. Prices for the most part were typical gun show "meh". A lot of the places were dealers so there were waits for them to run NICS checks too.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Do they allow reloading components?
View Quote
Yes

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm probably going.  I'll be wearing OD green 5.11 pants, a Tapout shirt and a Larue hat trying to sell my Tapco'ed SKS. $650; not a penny less because that's what I have into it  

Seriously though, I'll be there, got nothing better to do.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm probably going.  I'll be wearing OD green 5.11 pants, a Tapout shirt and a Larue hat trying to sell my Tapco'ed SKS. $650; not a penny less because that's what I have into it  

View Quote

]

Let me know when you are going and I'll meet you there - will see if RM can get loose. When is the show?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

]

Let me know when you are going and I'll meet you there - will see if RM can get loose. When is the show?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

]

Weekend after next, only planning on going on Saturday.

Not sure if RM is tracking but I'm sure he'd be interested.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

]

I'll contact him

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

What time? I have to work until 0700 on Saturday, but am off the rest of the weekend. I may grab some breakfast after work and go to the show in the morning, rather than sleep the day away.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What time? I have to work until 0700 on Saturday, but am off the rest of the weekend. I may grab some breakfast after work and go to the show in the morning, rather than sleep the day away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to be there when it opens at 9 on 31 JAN to find a score. I got a project that needs some C&Rs that are less than 43 ¾" in length.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'd like to be there when it opens at 9 on 31 JAN to find a score. I got a project that needs some C&Rs that are less than 43 ¾" in length.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll still be wearing my sheriff's dept. uniform, so if you spot me, don't hesitate to say hello.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:40:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'll still be wearing my sheriff's dept. uniform, so if you spot me, don't hesitate to say hello.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I see you I'll say hello,
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I hope there is SOMETHING good here.  The line looks like it will take 30 minutes to get in...
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I hope there is SOMETHING good here.  The line looks like it will take 30 minutes to get in...
View Quote

Well, was it worth the wait  to get in?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I left empty handed.... YMMV though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Today was fun but no beef jerky???  We had a late lunch at Po Boy Factory too
Saw this is in the west parking garage

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#28]
There are some real good deals to be had, I saw a m48 in good condition for $150, a 870 supermag with 2 additional chokes for $200, and a few others.

Ammo can prices weren't too bad either.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Got there around 0930… waited in line for about 45 min to get in. Went straight for the reloading booth. Pistol powders were almost all but gone, managed to grab 8lb of AA1680. Ammo cans were a good deal… USA mil-spec for $10 a piece he wouldn't budge on the price no matter how many you bought. Another vendor had GI 50 cal 10/$80. Firearm deals were hit and miss, lots and lots of sig braces. It was packed and most of the people were carrying guns to sell and trade so the deals are there if you look hard enough…. def a must check out. Hopefully they change their policy on ammo in the future.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, there were a ton of SiG braces, both sold separately and on guns. I did see a good deal on a Gen 2 Glock 19. Too bad I'm both broke and a TN resident.

Oh, and which one of you drives the black pickup with the zombie stickers and HUGE BFL sticker on the tailgate?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:50:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Not bad overall - sold two guns, then bought one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I left with a couple of ammo cans for $20.  One .30 cal and one .50 cal.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.  Double priced stripped lowers, overpriced used Glocks, overpriced AK's, and lots of old shotguns.  There were a few things worth looking at, but all I bought was a pretzel and Coke...
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#34]
I felt like it was good show; better than August
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, there were a ton of SiG braces, both sold separately and on guns. I did see a good deal on a Gen 2 Glock 19. Too bad I'm both broke and a TN resident.

Oh, and which one of you drives the black pickup with the zombie stickers and HUGE BFL sticker on the tailgate?
View Quote

that would be me
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#36]
This years show was a little bit better than years past IMO.  Only thing I bought was a tacticool double rifle case.  It was nice to look at the stuff and there were some damn fine women manning or womanning the counters at some booths.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This years show was a little bit better than years past IMO.  Only thing I bought was a tacticool double rifle case.  It was nice to look at the stuff and there were some damn fine women manning or womanning the counters at some booths.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth!
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#38]
I went Sunday afternoon.  
I thought it was a great show, prob 300 or more tables , many venders that I have not seen at the B'ham shows.
I try to get tables at the B'ham shows at least a couple times a year and will now add the Huntsville show.
Prices??  What do you expect? Its a Gunshow        But always deals to be found if you look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top