Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2015 4:28:19 AM EDT
Afternoon all,

I've got orders back to Maxwell! My wifes super happy as she's from Prattville and I spent my college years at Bama so I'am glad to be returning to the south for the next 4 years. I'm currently in Afghanistan so I wont be returning to Bama until the end of May. To my question...

Since leaving Alabama I've gotten the hunting bug. I was stationed in UT and had the opportunity to go on a few hikes whilst hoping an Elk meandered my way but they didnt want to play along. I've also done a little hog hunting but the opportunity didnt present itself. Anyone interested in a tag along during hunting season? I'm confident I could hold my own should I harvest something but it wouldn't hurt to have someone experienced along. Everyone I know from college have all gone active duty so I don't have many connections in Prattville other than my wifes family (not a single hunter, can you believe that?).

I currently have a .30-06 American, 5.56 AR, a 12 gauge, as well as pretty much everything I could imagine using on a hunt so I don't require hand holding or loans. I'm really looking for someone willing to let me hunt with them. Maybe a few pointers on public, local areas for target shooting or hunting (nearish to prattville?).

Appreciate everyones time. Hope to meet up with some of you folks!
Adam
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Go over to Aldeer.com, introduce yourself, and post this. Very helpful folks there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input, submitted a registration request as you've suggested. Don't seem to have much interest here, maybe I'll be a little luckier over there.

Appreciate it!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the input, submitted a registration request as you've suggested. Don't seem to have much interest here, maybe I'll be a little luckier over there.

Appreciate it!
View Quote

I saw your intro - there are some dedicated hunters there. Really decent folks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
im in Autauga County, the only hunting I do here is bow.  lots of great, free bowhunting land here.  For rifle there are a few WMAs and Natl Forests in the extended vicinity, but Im just too sketched about dumb bubbas around and since one of the bow places is less than 3 miles from my house I stick to the bow place for local stuff.  except my BIL lets me rifle his place about an hour away.

get yourself a cross/bow and a climber and ill show you a few of the spots.  I usually get 2 or 3 deer with bow each year but i have sucked it hard this year for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I live about an hour away. I have a hunting club membership, and we run dogs, and I can bring guests for $20 a day. I also live pretty much right up against the Hollins WMA but if you want to hunt it very much, you would need a bow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top