Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2014 6:52:32 PM EDT
Promotion in the Army Reserves takes me to Montgomery now.  

I will hit them all eventually, but need recommendations on the best gun and pawn shops to visit when in town.

thanks again all, mv
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Promotion in the Army Reserves takes me to Montgomery now.  

I will hit them all eventually, but need recommendations on the best gun and pawn shops to visit when in town.

thanks again all, mv
View Quote
YOu have some big box stores, Walter Craig, Gander Mountain, there is a BassPro in Prattville.  Mulberry Pawn & Gun is still open I think.

As far as pawn shops, I've had fairly good dealings with Capital Pawn shop on Troy Highway.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I rode by Mulberry Gun & Pawn last Friday and there was a sign saying November 30th was the last day. I guess Al is finally retiring.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
YMMV, but  I usually drive up to Birmingham when I buy a gun, or buy through one of the transfer dealers around here.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I rode by Mulberry Gun & Pawn last Friday and there was a sign saying November 30th was the last day. I guess Al is finally retiring.
View Quote

Ohh damn. Got my first gun from there. M9
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Gulf States is pretty good, but not open on weekends.  Get on their mailing list for cop trade ins...some real bargains there
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#7]
If you make it to Bham, try:

TS Arms in Pelham
Birmingham Pistol Wholesale Leeds/Trussvile
Southeast Gun Leeds/Trussville
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you make it to Bham, try:

TS Arms in Pelham
Birmingham Pistol Wholesale Leeds/Trussvile
Southeast Gun Leeds/Trussville
View Quote

Don't forget Hoover Tactical and Mark's Outdoors.  Also there is Patriot Gun Sales on the Wetumpka Highway in Montgomery.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Appreciate it all,

Wish I'd hit Mulberry before the closing; first drill in Montgomery and as the interim CSM, I was pretty much joined at the hip with my Bn Commander and didnt get to 'sneak off' during lunch.

Two unit assignments ago I was in Hoover; had everything there in BHM lined up for my lunch/afterwork stomps.  I stop at HTF often given how close it is to I-65.

Havent been to Gulf States in years; got a couple cases of 9mm there cheap once.  Will have to make an effort on three day drills to visit them again.  

Doing a recon via google before the trip, I was surprised how little there is in the way of gun/pawn shops in Montgomery.  I thought that being an older, larger city, it would have some good, old school, shops.  I'm thinking the politics of the area are mostly to blame.  We've got the area beat 5 to 1 here in N. Ala easy.

Hardshell, will take you up on lunch as well, but it will have to wait till Im there on a Fri/Three day drill.

Again, thanks all for the heads up.

11b4v
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top