Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 10:25:28 AM EDT
It's that time of year again.  Next weekend my unit will participate in the 152nd Battle of Iuka / Farmington Civil War reenactment. The old Farmington event has been combined with Iuka's new event IN IUKA(No longer at old Farmington field) located on Highway 72 about 10 miles from Corinth.  I'm told by Battalion that this is supposed to be a good turnout event and "the town is shutting down for this".  If you're in the area or are interested in making the trip come on by and enjoy the festivities.  

Battles will be at 13:00 Saturday and Sunday.   Camps will be open to the public.  Family friendly events (loud though, bring ear pro for the kids and old folks)

We don't have our assignments yet but it's looking like I'm going Fed again this year.  If this is the case, we will be the 5th Iowa Infantry and will represent Billy Yank well by breaking and running when pressed by Corn-fed Infantry, leaving our Artillery to be slaughtered.  Come find me in the camps!  

Thanks again to Fugitive for coming into "Enemy Camp" at Brices to visit.

2012, Video from the 150th:
http://youtu.be/n6LmElPLS54
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Didn't the Union win, or is it not over yet?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top