Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2014 5:59:12 PM EDT
i live near B'ham and enjoy reloading almost as much as drinking coffee. Simmons in Bessemer is the only place I know to buy powder locally. Anyone want to chime in on where else to shop for powder at decent prices?

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i live near B'ham and enjoy reloading almost as much as drinking coffee. Simmons in Bessemer is the only place I know to buy powder locally. Anyone want to chime in on where else to shop for powder at decent prices?

View Quote

Simmons in Bessemer
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Usually the are a few good vendors at the gun shows (Alabama Ammo?)
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Simmons in Bessemer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Find friends nearby and put together a joint order if you can't find local what you are looking for
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
The Sure Shot in Alex City has always been full of powder when I go in. Usually have 8lb kegs as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Simmons in Bessemer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simmons in Bessemer

+1.

I think that they are the only decent place for reloading stuff in Alabama.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Was TS Arms planning on adding reloading stuff?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was TS Arms planning on adding reloading stuff?
View Quote

They really don't have the room.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Primers stacked waist-high and decent choice of powder if you drive to Huntsville.  Poor bullet selection though.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Primers stacked waist-high and decent choice of powder if you drive to Huntsville.  Poor bullet selection though.  
View Quote

JC's ?  Still have their 20% off sale going ?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#11]
The 20% off sale is over at JC's, but they're generally negotiable on prices.  It's the only place I know of with powder locally.  Larry's has primers by the pallet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Larry's does have a lot of primers, but at $45/1000 I'm not a buyer. Primers and powder show up often enough online at pre panic prices that I've not had to pay local gun store prices, JC's prices are high on powder, but if you just want a pound or two it's not too bad.

I've heard that Vans in cullman has a decent supply also
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Wish there was a way to get a group buy thing in N AL...Wideners has a good price on CCI 41 right now fwiw
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wish there was a way to get a group buy thing in N AL...Wideners has a good price on CCI 41 right now fwiw
View Quote

Just buy them 5k-10k at a time and it's splits up the hazmat enough to make it worthwhile
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Join shootabilityusa.com. It is a decent sized contingent mostly from Birmingham and Huntsville to southern TN. We usually have a group order on hazmat items once a month or so.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Join shootabilityusa.com. It is a decent sized contingent mostly from Birmingham and Huntsville to southern TN. We usually have a group order on hazmat items once a month or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to be an active competitive shooter to join shootability, Jim either
Has to meet you at a shoot or you have to be recommended by a shooter. You must also be active on the board, and can't just wait around for group buys.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Has to meet you at a shoot or you have to be recommended by a shooter. You must also be active on the board, and can't just wait around for group buys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus it's full of self-important fudds.  You must be "an active competitor" is just a hint of it.  I opted out of there months ago.

The actual number of group buys isn't all that impressive nor all that great.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Powder valley is so cheap it's well worth the hazmat if you get 500rd worth of supplies per order.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Had a friend just call from Van's in Cullman. Seems they have a decent selection of pistol powder on the shelf including Winchester Powders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top