Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:17:32 PM EDT
Pulled from other thread:

Quoted:
We should all set a date / time where we meet up for an informal ARF pig-out in Ft Payne or some such place. I'm only 20-25 miles away....
View Quote

Does anybody have any preferences for date or restaurant?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Pulled from other thread:

Quoted:
We should all set a date / time where we meet up for an informal ARF pig-out in Ft Payne or some such place. I'm only 20-25 miles away....
View Quote

Does anybody have any preferences for date or restaurant?
View Quote

MJ mentioned Vintage 1889, which looks and sounds really good. Also, I'm in HSV every Sunday and Wednesday evening, if anyone wants to meet at Cotton Row. I love that place!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be the designated driver ...............................

NOT!!!!!!!!                        (but my wife will)

let me know when/where...........I'll try to make it.......
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
oops!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Just an observation, we have some members around the Bham area as well.  Gadsden might be a good halfway point.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just an observation, we have some members around the Bham area as well.  Gadsden might be a good halfway point.
View Quote

I'm fine with wherever.  Gadsden has some good eats.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Guntersville, the state park has a great venue for get togethers
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm potentially interested
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Why not do different locations / dates for those who are in various areas. I'm in a locale where G'ville, Ft Payne, and Gadsden are all very similar distances, give or take 10-15 minutes. I could make any / all of them.

I like the idea of multiple meets.

Also, y'all can pick a day or a Saturday and come to Boaz with your guns and ammo. We have a 200-yard range complete with AR500 IPSC targets. It's nothing high-end or super-special, but works just fine for small groups. Bring beer and we'll cook up some steaks, ribs, etc. Up to 5-6 guys would be comfortable, then we can kill some 'yotes when the sun starts to go down.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why not do different locations / dates for those who are in various areas. I'm in a locale where G'ville, Ft Payne, and Gadsden are all very similar distances, give or take 10-15 minutes. I could make any / all of them.

Also, y'all can pick a day or a Saturday and come to Boaz with your guns and ammo. We have a 200-yard range complete with AR500 IPSC targets. It's nothing high-end or super-special, but works just fine for small groups. Bring beer and we'll cook up some steaks, ribs, etc. Up to 5-6 guys would be comfortable, then we can kill some 'yotes when the sun starts to go down.  

View Quote

Boaz isn't that far. I'm only about 20-25 minutes north of the Albertville Lowes
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Also Triple Tap isn't far from you either.  Has rifle and pistol ranges.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks interesting. Membership required?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that I am aware of.  Pretty sure is just a range fee.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Sharon Johnston park in New Market?  Plenty of camping areas with grills, has a skeet/trap and pistol range on-site.  Even a decent sized pond for those who want to fish.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#15]
So I'm in - somebody set a couple of dates and we can go from there.

Bryant
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Guntersville, the state park has a great venue for get togethers
View Quote

true that
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sharon Johnston park in New Market?  Plenty of camping areas with grills, has a skeet/trap and pistol range on-site.  Even a decent sized pond for those who want to fish.
View Quote

Tell me more..please!!!!!!  I may be looking for a place to camp in the next week  or 10 days.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Tell me more..please!!!!!!  I may be looking for a place to camp in the next week  or 10 days.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All the info you need there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#19]
count me in
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#20]
If we go to Gadsden, there is a public range (Owl's Hollow) which you need a hunting license to use.  I haven't been before, so I don't know how the is range set-up.  If we decide on Gadsden, I found that Uncle Sam's BBQ is pretty dang good, but there are tons of options.

However, the thought of shooting, grilling meat, drinking cold beverages, and eradicating some coyotes in Boaz sounds appealing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If we go to Gadsden, there is a public range (Owl's Hollow) which you need a hunting license to use.  I haven't been before, so I don't know how the is range set-up.  If we decide on Gadsden, I found that Uncle Sam's BBQ is pretty dang good, but there are tons of options.

However, the thought of shooting, grilling meat, drinking cold beverages, and eradicating some coyotes in Boaz sounds appealing.
View Quote

Why choose when you can have it all?  

Ft. Payne
Gadsden
Boaz

I'm up for any / all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ft. Payne
Gadsden
Boaz

I'm up for any / all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ft. Payne
Gadsden
Boaz

I'm up for any / all.

I'm betting if MJ is off and can join up, he'd be nice enough to open up the Ft. Payne FOP range and let us shoot with him...
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm betting if MJ is off and can join up, he'd be nice enough to open up the Ft. Payne FOP range and let us shoot with him...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ft. Payne
Gadsden
Boaz

I'm up for any / all.

Just say the word. It's only 20-30 miles from me. I can show off my lack of shooting skills to the rest of the universe.

That's the benefit of having a private range. No one else need see how bad you really are.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Added a poll.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I may have voted Boaz, but all four destinations are good with me. I still think we should set date / places for all of them, IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm up for it, depending on date/location.

We should go to a restaurant and open carry to see if we do better than the winners showcased a while back in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We should go to a restaurant and open carry to see if we do better than the winners showcased a while back in Texas.
View Quote

OK, but only if I get to carry my M107 because, you know, it's my right!  

ETA:  Tomorrow (Saturday - 8/23) I'm planning to hit the steel on our range HARD. IM or email me if you want to join in (Boaz). Don't have a set time. Will probably try for some coyotes after that -- with some grillin' in between.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#28]
If folks want to go open carry route, let's do leg work first to ensure the location is good with that.  My only request.

And checked out Vintage 1889 tonight.  Small venue unless you sit on the patio and the menu is rather limited however the food they have was great.  Nice selection of beers also.  Didn't indulge tonight but wouldn't have scared me any to drink there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

ETA:  Tomorrow (Saturday - 8/23) I'm planning to hit the steel on our range HARD. IM or email me if you want to join in (Boaz). Don't have a set time. Will probably try for some coyotes after that -- with some grillin' in between.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Working tomorrow or I would come play.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody headed out there?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's too cold out for everyone.  

I'm out on my porch right now sipping coffee, having eggs from our chickens and sausage from our hogs (coffee cream from our cows), and DAMN! It hawt!

"Damn, Horta! With all that good food, how do you maintain your girlish figure?" is a question I hear often. Well, it's not easy. It takes years of discipline and consistency -- and NO, I do NOT have Anorexia! I wish people would stop asking me that!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#32]
lol, I may head out that way.  I've got a little ammo.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Give me a ring, I'll IM my mobile to you.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, he gets your mobile and all I got was your home number.  I see where I rank.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Oh, he gets your mobile and all I got was your home number.  I see where I rank.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I've played with some of his toys too.  All right, I'm still an hour away.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ladies, ladies... there's enough of me to go around.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I like the Boaz idea. Only 1 hr drive for me in Pell City.

Horta is that your personal range?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. Actually, it goes onto my neighbor's property, so I guess it's "ours."

If you come at night, we'll shoot with night vision, IR lasers and thermal. It's a different world at night -- that and I don't look so ugly in the dark.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you come at night, we'll shoot with night vision, IR lasers and thermal. It's a different world at night -- that and I don't look so ugly in the dark.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. I can shoot whenever I want behind my house also, but I think it would be fun to have a meet there on a members property with a range. Yup, I vote your place, even if you are a 13er.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nice. I can shoot whenever I want behind my house also, but I think it would be fun to have a meet there on a members property with a range. Yup, I vote your place, even if you are a 13er.

View Quote

Well... I do pick my nose in public, so that should cancel out the 13er hex.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm refraining from voting because the location doesn't matter to me as much as the weekend does.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm refraining from voting because the location doesn't matter to me as much as the weekend does.
View Quote

Well... if we do Boaz I'm envisioning a couple possibilities. Arrive late AM or early afternoon, kick around a bit, chit-chat, walk out to the range, make a hell of a lot of noise for a couple of hours, have steaks at Santa Fe (about 10 minutes from me). I figure that's easier than grillin' and stuff. Then come back, sight in all NV / Thermal scopes, lasers, etc. When it gets near dusk, head out to (hopefully) bag some coyotes.

Alternately, we could do the grill thang instead. Then we could try to saddle one of my hogs or bulls and have us our very own row-dee-oh. Bring lots of cameras, 'cuz we could make YouTube hist'ry.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#43]
I like the sound of this boaz place. Can a walker county boy join?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure, but on one condition... don't grab my ass. I've heard about you boys from Walker.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Sure, but on one condition... don't grab my ass. I've heard about you boys from Walker.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you have us mistaken with Winston county
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noted.  

On another note... I'm only 15 minutes or so from Lake Guntersville, and there is a nice steak place just off 431 on the water -- "Outlaw Steakhouse."

They'll even have a 72-ounce slab on the menu -- cooked to order.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Free State of Winston.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I forgot
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Noted.  

On another note... I'm only 15 minutes or so from Lake Guntersville, and there is a nice steak place just off 431 on the water -- "Outlaw Steakhouse."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noted.  

I was just starting to like you then you go all wanting to have someone else cook my steak.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Just saw this thread! Count me in for wherever, I live on Lookout mountain so anywhere would be good with me. Would love to hang out with y'all !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top