Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 12:52:28 AM EDT
I'm kinda wanting to try out long range precision shooting, but I know very little about it aside from deer hunting.  Anybody around the DeKalb County area or know of somebody that does much long range shooting that wouldn't mind lending some wisdom?

Currently I own a R700 SPS chambered in .308 and would like to try out the Nikon Prostaff 4-12x scope with Nikoplex reticle.  It has the factory flimsy stock and recalled trigger, but I will be upgrading the trigger soon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
We run a Tactical Precision Rifle 101 Class that is a good starting point. The last one was a couple of weeks ago. If you watch the Facebook page or the website, you can see when it is up again. I usually post announcements here also. www.lighthorsetactical.com, the class is done at Brock's Gap in Hoover. There is a tactical precision rifle competition in September there. Our instructor guys are running it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got stationed here at Red Stone, currently looking for a place to teach on weekends once a month, If you know of a place I will start teaching again.

I teach long range hunting
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Theres a guy on here that does classes in Pelham TN.
I hope to make it out next year.

I'm picturing his avatar but I cannot remember his screen name.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
There are frequent matches at Arnold AFB in Tullahoma, TN of all sorts out to 1k yds.  You can always go and watch and ask questions, most people are friendly enough.  

The blue and gray club in Huntsville has a range at the Guntersville damn(north side of the river) and has frequent matches on their 200yd range.  200yd doesn't sound like much but you have to start somewhere, the process is the same.  Show up and ask questions, people are friendly.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Theres a guy on here that does classes in Pelham TN.
I hope to make it out next year.

I'm picturing his avatar but I cannot remember his screen name.
View Quote

CMSHOOT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top