Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 10:42:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
And another attempt at one size fits all legislation begins.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just legalize conceal carry for non-prohibited possessors, and nobody has to "feel intimidated" :)

ETA: I'm worried sometimes how lukewarm RKBA support is from some Alabama officials, even some that are nominally pro-rights, when trivial or ridiculous objections are put in play.  You want a law that prohibits brandishing arms or engaging in activity other than voting that might be considered lobying or intimidation, that's one thing.  Merely having a pistol holstered on your hip is not disorderly conduct nor an intimidating threat to a sane person.  I'd like to hear more officials (particularly ones that campaign as Pro-RKBA) call folks on this when such objections are brought up.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:59:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/attorney_general_strange_faces.html#incart_m-rpt-2

The Attorney General's Office advised in an official opinion that government buildings that already ban guns can prohibit them when those locations double as polling places

View Quote
View Quote

That's a whole lot of words when none will do.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i have been working with his office on some other issues and i can first hand tell you there is little chance in hell i will vote for him again.
View Quote

I figured we were getting the fox in the hen house and he was saying whatever he had to say to get elected. He sounded too good to be true with all his campaigning rhetoric. He reminded of a preacher that had to keep reminding everyone in town that he WAS a preacher...
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just legalize conceal carry for non-prohibited possessors, and nobody has to "feel intimidated" :)

ETA: I'm worried sometimes how lukewarm RKBA support is from some Alabama officials, even some that are nominally pro-rights, when trivial or ridiculous objections are put in play.  You want a law that prohibits brandishing arms or engaging in activity other than voting that might be considered lobying or intimidation, that's one thing.  Merely having a pistol holstered on your hip is not disorderly conduct nor an intimidating threat to a sane person.  I'd like to hear more officials (particularly ones that campaign as Pro-RKBA) call folks on this when such objections are brought up.
View Quote

Getting Constitutional Carry passed is going to take years. It took took ages for Alabama's so-called Conservative politicians to pass Shall Issue and clarify open carry. Not to mention that even with a Republican supermajority and Republican governor, we can't even get the damned state income tax repealed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe it.  Alabama has a lot of irrational fear and self loathing to get over before it can as a whole understand why conceal carry deregulation will not cause the streets to run with blood.  In the people I talk to it seems a lot of people, even "gun people" and "republicans" don't believe that people have a right to defend themselves wherever they are, and are fine with the carrying of arms being by permission slip only.

I'm forecasting a good three years of agitation to even begin suggesting the measure in the legislature.  There's other things to address even before that such as open carry vehicle, dealing with cities posting "no gun" signs in parks in violation of state law etc.

My worry is that ultimately there might not be enough Alabamans that believe in RKBA sincerely enough to correct our issues.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top