Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2014 11:27:19 AM EDT
I'm assuming this is legit.  If so, we need it.  It's about half way down the page.  Says they only need 1000 commits to make it.  Pass it around on your social media and let's get this tag.  
TAG link

Link Posted: 5/5/2014 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
so how does this work, we just commit and when it comes time to renew we pay and get it?
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so how does this work, we just commit and when it comes time to renew we pay and get it?
View Quote

I imagine if they meet their quota of 1000.  I can easily see 1000 Alabamians willing to buy this tag.  Word just has to spread for it to happen.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a sweet tag. I'd buy 2.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a matter of exposure. No one knows this plate option exists. I think there are many (well over 1,000 anyway) Alabamians who would LOVE to have this plate -- only IF they knew it existed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]
time to facebook it
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I finally make it back on here and find this.  Commitment number 17 here....

Oh, what did I miss?  

Woody
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Shared on several FB groups from North Bama as well as a shooters board.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm interested, do we know anything about the people/organization who will get the proceeds from the tag?  

Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm interested, do we know anything about the people/organization who will get the proceeds from the tag?  

View Quote

It looks like it benefits CJ Roy Moore's Foundation for Moral Law.  I would have thought that a Ten Commandments tablets symbol would be more relevant for that organization; the "don't tread on me" snake is more of a tea party symbol.  Anyhow, it looks  to me like a pretty cool design.  I'm not a fan of the yellow color though, but I guess they wanted it to look like the Gadsden Flag.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#16]
*bump* i'm passing this around.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Bama Carry has submitted a tag like this also it shouldn't be too long before it gets started.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#18]
So you pay $50 to maybe be able to get a tag?

Have any of you been charged yet?

I'd get one if it wasn't asking for CC info upfront.

On second thought after I see what the FML is all about I doubt I'll get one. They seem to be all about "defending the Constitution Holy Bible"

Not that I have a problem with that, it's their right. But the Gadsden "Don't Tread On Me" means something a little different than that to me.

Probably get railed for that especially in the AL HTF but... Don't Tread On Me, bro.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
BTT -- at this rate it ain't looking good to meet the minimum number required.
View Quote

I am #2391, so it appears that the 1000 commits required is met.
ETA-nevermind, site only shows 77 precommits.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I imagine if they meet their quota of 1000.  I can easily see 1000 Alabamians willing to buy this tag.  Word just has to spread for it to happen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alabama has over 90 different kinds of tags so it kind of makes it difficult to get a new one accepted by enough people.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
the bama carry guys also have a similar one submitted
View Quote

This could get interesting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTT -- at this rate it ain't looking good to meet the minimum number required.

Ole Miss and Mississippi state have more commits in the same amount of time.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I just precommitted for #212 and #213, so let's get the word out!!!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Gotta love the media. They can spin anything any way.

Gotta be part of the "Tea Party" if you want one of these plates.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Eh more power to you if you want your money going to Roy Moore and his cronies. I personally can't stand the guy.

I guess if you're not a Christian you aren't important enough for the Constitution, and are a drag on society, no morals, blah blah, etc.

Let's also not forget  “reasonable restrictions.” on 2A.

Don't Ironic On Me.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/alabama-chief-justice-christianity

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Apparently, they've done a bit of "bait and switching" for this plate.  The original plate required 1000 precommits (of which I did two) and the Gadsden Flag was the entire plate.  I just checked the status of it and it is approved with only 250 precommits; unfortunately, the approved plate is now completely white with the Gadsden Flag occupying a small portion of the left side of the plate and limiting it to 5 digits.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#32]
...and just to confirm that it was a bait and switch, I emailed Mrs. Moore and here's the response I received:

"We have had an overwhelming response to the new design.  The new design is much more visible as it is black and white with 1/2 yellow and a much bigger snake.  A decision was made to drop to a different class in order to get the tags made available much sooner.  The state has not released any info on who purchased nor have they released the funds associated.  When they do, if you do not want yours you are welcome to have your funds returned to you.  You must do so in writing when you are notified by the state.

Thank you!"
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
...and just to confirm that it was a bait and switch, I emailed Mrs. Moore and here's the response I received:

"We have had an overwhelming response to the new design.  The new design is much more visible as it is black and white with 1/2 yellow and a much bigger snake.  A decision was made to drop to a different class in order to get the tags made available much sooner.  The state has not released any info on who purchased nor have they released the funds associated.  When they do, if you do not want yours you are welcome to have your funds returned to you.  You must do so in writing when you are notified by the state.

Thank you!"
View Quote

Translation:

"We saw that we would lose money once our tag didn't meet the pre commits of 1000, so we changed it so we could push it through in hopes of getting more people to send us money later on instead of just now. We value that $41.25 from each tag sold and this will let us keep getting the funds each year as long as the people renew their tag. Plus whoever else buys a tag later. If the original design failed we would only get the pre commit funds. Thank You. Foundation of Moral Law.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I wouldn't give a cent to Judge Moore.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thank you!"
View Quote

Hmph.  Liked the original better.  That's what I signed up for.  We'll see if I'll be writing a letter when notified by the state.  On the fence....

EW
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I wouldn't give a cent to Judge Moore.  
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I also emailed the Alabama Dept. of Revenue Director of Motor Vehicle Division, Ms. Brenda Coone.  Basically, she said that Ms. Moore was in her right to change the tag and that it didn't matter that people precommitted for the original tag.  She told me that once the specialty tag funds were released to Ms. Moore's organization, my payment would be returned to me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top