Site Notices
7/28/2014 11:40:43 AM
Author
Posted: 3/16/2014 4:51:31 PM
was working at a plant nearby the other day.

at the quality inn and the other hotel next door were stickers, ca 5x10". Silloette of a Glock in a cross bar/circle. said something to the effect of no guns allowed and violaters "will be prosecuted by the property owner" annd said it was placed there by the sheriff.

Is that normal for a no gun sign or is this just some local faggotry?

sorry i didn't think to snap a pic
HuntMaster
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/16/2014 10:19:58 PM
Had to be put there by the owner/management. The local Sherriff wouldn't do that. The signs in that area that I typically see say " no open carry allowed". It's none of their business if you are concealed. Most local folks have begun to take their business elsewhere when they see a sign like that.
1-Wolverine
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/17/2014 2:13:17 PM
They asked the sheriff for the sign, and the business put it up. Good God, if you are going to put a sign up like that, stand behind it and be a man and say you did it. F'in candy a$$
Hayboy
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/17/2014 5:11:06 PM
NO REAL MAN WOULD BE A PARTY TO SUCH.
Bama-Shooter
You do your thing. I'll do mine.
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/18/2014 9:51:51 AM
Those are paid for by the sheriff and given out to businesses that want them.

I do wonder if tax dollars were used to print these signs.

I saw one at the movie theater in Prattville, said it was provided by the sheriff, Prattville chief of police and local DA.

IMO if a business wants such a sign they should have to go procure them on their own.

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.
Any opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect upon any agency or organization with which I may be employed or affiliated.
94five0
loose cannon
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/18/2014 10:48:23 AM
Meh concealed means concealed.. Fuck Mr patel at the front desk..
“I loathe your ideals because I know no worse injustice than the giving of the undeserved.”
ARGB
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/18/2014 11:59:19 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

I saw one at the movie theater in Prattville, said it was provided by the sheriff, Prattville chief of police and local DA.

IMO if a business wants such a sign they should have to go procure them on their own.

Pistol permit fees used at their discretion.
demobud
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2014 2:32:39 AM
I stayed in that hotel last year and I don't remember those signs. They must have just put them up. I only stayed there for a week or two until the house we rented was ready.

I spent three and a half months demoing the old Weyerhaeuser plant.
I despise ambiguity, sort of.
rightwingnut
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2014 12:10:46 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By demobud:
I stayed in that hotel last year and I don't remember those signs. They must have just put them up. I only stayed there for a week or two until the house we rented was ready.

I spent three and a half months demoing the old Weyerhaeuser plant.

pretty slimp pickings in that town. you wouldn't have missed the sign. It is right there in your face. there and at the ohter choice hotel right next door.

Maybe there was some incident w/ some drunken redneck guest or mr patel is a hoplophobic faggot who got skeered when he saw someone OC (legal?).

So that is not a state wide standard sign, evern sherrif can have one printed up per his specs using appp fees?
samiam513
Me
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2014 4:18:50 PM
[Last Edit: 3/20/2014 4:20:07 PM by samiam513]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ARGB:
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

Pistol permit fees used at their discretion.

Still the use of government funds. It does not matter how the funds got in the possession of the government.

That is the big issue with the signs. YOUR money is being used to try to obfuscate the law by a person charged with upholding the law. I view it the same as the Sheriff using the permit funds to print his campaign signs.
rightwingnut
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/21/2014 3:09:38 AM
can someone swing by and post a picture of that sign on tiny pic.url?
Crsswift70
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/22/2014 4:56:04 PM
What's the sheriff going to do to you if they call him? All they can do is refuse you service. Concealed is concealed anyway.
justsayin
You want somma dis?
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/22/2014 5:26:23 PM
My understanding is they carry no legal weight for prosecution.
Now if they ask you to leave and you don't......trespassing.
Alabama: That the great, general and essential principles of liberty and free government may be recognized and established, we declare....That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state. (Art. I, § 26)
Merlin
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/23/2014 8:25:07 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Crsswift70:
What's the sheriff going to do to you if they call him? All they can do is refuse you service. Concealed is concealed anyway.

Originally Posted By justsayin:
My understanding is they carry no legal weight for prosecution.
Now if they ask you to leave and you don't......trespassing.

I have a better idea: Grow a backbone and don't enter, patronize and definitely not spend money at antigun businesses! Simple concept, all it takes is a backbone.

My .02.
Jellybean18
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/24/2014 5:59:07 PM
[Last Edit: 4/24/2014 5:59:27 PM by Jellybean18]
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Crsswift70:

I may be mistaken, but I think the signs here say you're trespassing if you open carry in their store. If it's concealed then they don't even know it's there, so you're right.