Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2014 12:51:31 PM EDT
was working at a plant nearby the other day.  

at the quality inn and the other hotel next door were stickers, ca 5x10".  Silloette of a Glock in a cross bar/circle.  said something to the effect of no guns allowed and violaters "will be prosecuted by the property owner" annd  said it was placed there by the sheriff.  

Is that normal for a no gun sign or is this just some local faggotry?

sorry i didn't think to snap a pic
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Had to be put there by the owner/management. The local Sherriff wouldn't do that. The signs in that area that I typically see say " no open carry allowed". It's none of their business if you are concealed. Most local folks have begun to take their business elsewhere when they see a sign like that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
They asked the sheriff for the sign, and the business put it up. Good God, if you are going to put a sign up like that, stand behind it and be a man and say you did it. F'in candy a$$
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
NO REAL MAN WOULD BE A PARTY TO SUCH.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:51:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh concealed means concealed.. Fuck Mr patel at the front desk..
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those are paid for by the sheriff and given out to businesses that want them.

I do wonder if tax dollars were used to print these signs.

I saw one at the movie theater in Prattville, said it was provided by the sheriff, Prattville chief of police and local DA.

IMO if a business wants such a sign they should have to go procure them on their own.

View Quote

Pistol permit fees used at their discretion.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I stayed in that hotel last year and I don't remember those signs. They must have just put them up. I only stayed there for a week or two until the house we rented was ready.

I spent three and a half months demoing the old Weyerhaeuser plant.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I stayed in that hotel last year and I don't remember those signs. They must have just put them up. I only stayed there for a week or two until the house we rented was ready.

I spent three and a half months demoing the old Weyerhaeuser plant.
View Quote

pretty slimp pickings in that town.  you wouldn't have missed the sign. It is right there in your face.  there and at the ohter choice hotel right next door.  

Maybe there was some incident w/ some drunken redneck guest or mr patel is a hoplophobic faggot who got skeered when he saw someone OC (legal?).  

So that is not  a state wide standard sign, evern sherrif can have one printed up per his specs using appp fees?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those are paid for by the sheriff and given out to businesses that want them.

I do wonder if tax dollars were used to print these signs.

I saw one at the movie theater in Prattville, said it was provided by the sheriff, Prattville chief of police and local DA.

IMO if a business wants such a sign they should have to go procure them on their own.

Still the use of government funds.  It does not matter how the funds got in the possession of the government.

That is the big issue with the signs.  YOUR money is being used to try to obfuscate the law by a person charged with upholding the law.  I view it the same as the Sheriff using the permit funds to print his campaign signs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#10]
can someone swing by and post a picture of that sign on tiny pic.url?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#11]
What's the sheriff going to do to you if they call him? All they can do is refuse you service. Concealed is concealed anyway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#12]
My understanding is they carry no legal weight for prosecution.
Now if they ask you to leave and you don't......trespassing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What's the sheriff going to do to you if they call him? All they can do is refuse you service. Concealed is concealed anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
My understanding is they carry no legal weight for prosecution.
Now if they ask you to leave and you don't......trespassing.

I have a better idea:  Grow a backbone and don't enter, patronize and definitely not spend money at antigun businesses!  Simple concept, all it takes is a backbone.

My .02.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I may be mistaken, but I think the signs here say you're trespassing if you open carry in their store. If it's concealed then they don't even know it's there, so you're right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top